1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SteelSeries Sensei Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 16 Oct 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Well, ergonomics is different for everybody, so this isn't really a good criteria to measure an input-device. I've got the steelseries Ikari for example, which is quiet perfect for me in terms of economics.
    The sensors of the Sensei... well... above 1600cpi and 1000Hz there's no real improvements anymore in terms of speed and accuracy from my experience. If I tune my Ikari up to the available 3200cpi it doesn't feel any better actually but worse, as my crosshair starts to shiver allthough I'm not moving my hand. This is also dependent on the mouse-mat, so personal preferences and results do shift the experience alot aswell.

With that said, I think reviews of input-devices are rather uninformative besides the build-quality.

3. Blanx3_Bytex

Blanx3_Bytex What's a Dremel?

Did anyone take any pictures of the LCD on the base?

4. immoral

immoral What's a Dremel?

5. wardogz

wardogz What's a Dremel?

not enough buttons, i'll stick with my naga for now :)

6. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

7. Canon

Canon Reformed

GREAT! More Steelseries stuff that will break 7 days after purchasing....

8. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

Typos, lack of basic specifications info, lack of detailed information on driver software, no durability testing, and a paragraph devoted to how it makes your palms sweaty? Yep, it's a bit-tech review alright!

9. RonanH

RonanH mod-envious

and yet you still read it...

10. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Meh, not for me. At least the price has gone down.

11. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Yes, you make conclusions after reading something, which is what he did.

12. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

reminds me of the old school Microsoft mice

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

So there you have it, don't buy it, why look under the "hood" if it fails already on the outside of it? of course for me it fails already before its out of the packaging, the price tag is just too silly.

There are only two Gaming Mice anyway, the G5 and the Lachesis.

14. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

I was being snarky, but I guess I've just been a bit disappointed at the quality of content on bit-tech lately. I used to read it for the lengthy and detailed reviews, with plenty of tech specs, precise comparisons of different products and types of technology, the clear barrier between objective and subjective quality, but nowadays that all seems to be gone... even the final review scores feel completely arbitrary to me, and sometimes actually contradict the review text.

Some of the articles are still good to read, but I feel like things have really gone downhill since I started reading a few years ago. These days the only articles I see that are really worth reading are on video cards and processors... everything else feels rushed, like an afterthought or a make-work project.

15. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Strange. Never really seen the point of putting a display under a mouse. Minimalist design is quite nice with the orange glow, but maybe a bit too minimalist for the enthusiast market it's targeting with it's customisable stuff. Will be sticking with my Deathadder (which is about <£20) 'till it dies.

(To Whiners: I thought the review was quite good, it's a chuffing mouse; only so much you can say about a pointing device, though it's weight wasn't mentioned which is quite relevant)

16. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

It's a very good mouse, but it is basically a more expensive light emiting Xai.

and the extreme DPI's etc are indeed pointless. At least it doesn't need drivers for all the
    buttons to work properly and majority of its features. Unlike Logitechs mice. Although I do
    miss my MX518 :(

17. Nanu

Nanu What's a Dremel?

+1

No mention of the scroll wheel functionality then... the first thing I look for in a mouse is the ability to left/right click the scrolll wheel and assign these functions to custom commands. I used to have this on my roccat kone, but then it broke, and seeing as roccat customer service is shockingly bad I won't EVER buy anything from then again.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

lol, try emailing SteelSeries to notify them that 3 products you have bought from them have fallen apart a couple of days out of the box like half baked shortbread.

Their response?

We are sorry to hear that, but take a look at our other products in the catalogue.

Yes, because my immediate reaction was that I needed to give you more money for things held together with the packaging it comes in.

Tags: Add Tags