1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 3 ships 10 million copies

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Oct 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Holy jebus. That's a lot of shipping requests. Imagine what kind of figures Origin will get.

3. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Amazing success. :).

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

If only I could get online!

5. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Received my retail copy today from Play. Can't wait to get home and give it a whirl.

I would have ordered it through Origin, but my Internet connection (at home) has been a little intermittant lately so thought it best to get a retail copy.

6. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

That's... impressive. That being said, wait and see how many copies MW3 sells in the same period.

7. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

I went play for mine too but it hasn't turned up yet, I just get:

Processing in warehouse

Delivery estimate: 3-5 working days

:<

8. VeNoM JaCKaL

VeNoM JaCKaL L4D2 nom nom time!

Same here @modfx I had per-ordered mine from Amazon and I am still awaiting for it to be shipping. I feel so left out of this immerse warfare :'(

All I want to do is get in there and get my frags on!

9. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Damn it, Amazon shipped mine yesterday, the postman rang the doorbell too - rushed downstairs, to find out that it was a package for my brother. Damn I was pissed. Oh well, can't play much this weekend anyway.

10. kingosticks

kingosticks What's a Dremel?

Mine was shipped from amazon yesterday and arrived this morning. If you paid the extra £2 shipping you really should get it on release date....

11. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Amazon just shipped my BF3 just 2h ago... With luck I'll get it on the 31st. If not, I'm only playing 2nd of Nov... 1 Nov, is a holiday in Portugal :(

I hope I'm lucky... I very anxious to play it...

12. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

I pre-ordered from amazon and went free shipping. Then my mates copy arrived on wednesday, mine hadn't even been dispatched so I logged back in, paid the extra £1.61 and here I am installing it right now.

So to the guys above that don't have it yet, don't feel too bad, I will play it plenty for all of us ;)
    *quickly runs away*

13. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

My disc from play turned up last night but everytime i tried to install it launches origin and then the "Authenticating BF3" part just results in page request failure (i.e. the auth servers are overwhelmed).

Not a particularly reasurring start to my use of Origin, especially as it then wouldn't continue on to install the files anyway. It would be nice if it installed first then requested auth but never mind!

14. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Unlucky mate. I logged into battlelog at around 11 last night and there was a message at the top saying something about some servers being overwhelmed.

15. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

pre-orderd from origin and took 45mins to activate but with the amout of people all trying at once with such a demand its not that long. My friend told me about when he got half-life 2 on 1st day and took him 8 hours to play from getting home and his friend 6 hours. so i think it went smooth for EA/DICE

16. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Difference being that was 2004. Steam no longer has such issues, even with massive releases.
    The huge sales slow things down though.

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I bought just a key, from a website and redeemed it using Origin, downloaded the game in 15 minutes and was playing 10 minutes later, and that was on Wednesday night (UK).

I bought the Russian code that came with the map pack and other bit's for £25.99 :)

Redeemed using a VPN, downloaded and installed it without the VPN, then ran the single player 1st with the VPN on and hey presto worked but, was in Russian so downloaded the stuff from where I bought it and now it's in English and play's perfectly.

Can't believe though that they shipped 10 million copies and places are saying they need more stock, that is just amazing for a game that does not have Call Of Duty in the name I think in such a short period of time as well.

Then there is all the download's from Origin and other places, so I would not be surprised if up to now they have sold around 12 million copies, with the expectation of them selling a further 3 - 5 million copies giving a total of between 15 and 17 million copies over say, the next 12 month's but I may be wrong and maybe they will sell more than that within the next 2 month's who know's really.

Anyway I am enjoying this game allot and looking forward to a weekend full of shooting people and getting some practice using those snipers.

18. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

youch! no wonder all the lags! :)

19. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

played two levels of single player than jumped straight to multiplayer... and now i'm lovin' it!

20. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

I was one of the fools who pre-ordered on Origin. The game unlocked at 12:52 last night (after issues with the authentication system) and I had a good long play.

The multiplayer is good fun, but all the stories about the single player are spot on - it's rubbish. I think I'll be switching the difficulty to easy (if I even bother to finish it) and just sit back and try to enjoy the set pieces, because as a game there's just no pleasure in being told what to do and when to do it all the time.

Tags: Add Tags