1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays 22" monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dogdude16, 6 Jun 2008.

1. dogdude16

dogdude16 What's a Dremel?

Hey, guys after enjoying my new computer since January, I have decided its time for me to upgrade my 17 inch monitor to a 20 or 22 inch. I'll be doing some light gaming and movie watching with this.

First should I save a few bucks and get a 20" widescreen or just go with the 22"?

Second the monitors:
    Dell E228WFP 22-inch is 260.00 and I can get the Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP 22-inch for 340 but the only difference I can see is 200 more aspect ratio. There is also the Dell Dell SP2208WFP 22 inch which is new and looks like the best deal, its 320.

The other im looking at is a samsung 2253BW Black 22" at $300.

If you have any suggestions or thoughts please share.

Thanks
    -Greg

Last edited: 6 Jun 2008
  2. Alex6969

Alex6969 If it's fixed, I can break it.

I'm sure the samsung has the better contrast ratio which will deffinately be good for games and movies

3. joytime360

joytime360 What's a Dremel?

I think those three monitors are very nice, you can make your decision with your budget.

4. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

widescreeen.

5. dogdude16

Hey guys, today a package arrived for me from my uncle and its a 19" widescreen acer lcd! I have it plugged in and its very nice but... one minor detail is that is sits so low I have so look down to see it, so I can get some black wood and let the monitor sit on it. The second thing is the lack of height is really bothering me. As it says in this thread I was looking at a 22". So should i just live with it or sell it and buy a different one.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative cause I am really happy he did this for me, but this screen is kinda bothering me.

Any thoughts on the matter would be great!

-Greg

Last edited: 10 Jun 2008
  6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

You might want to look at the Benq GW2400. I love mine, and they're cheap to boot! ;)

7. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

The samsung 2032mw is pretty great... got a high res, looks good, the stand is a fair height, and it has all the connections you could ever want..

8. dogdude16

My mother is currently using a crappy 15" monitor and she said she would buy the acer(the one given to me) for $150 and it runs online for just under $200. Then it would only cost me 150 to buy a samsung or a dell but I'm trying to tell my self that I need to suck it and keep it. It just hard cause all the monitors I have used before have been 20" or 22" wide. I'm gonna try for the next couple of days and perhaps put that money towards a new golf club.

9. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

you could suck it in for a little while and upgrade in a while. That way you dont come off ungrateful, save money now, and have time to plan your upgrade for a while ;)

10. getzephyr

getzephyr What's a Dremel?

Here are some user reviews on Samsung 2253BW- might help you to decide...

Tags: