1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 4 confirmed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Nov 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I hope they have enough sense to not rest on their laurels and become another COD...

Also, please no yearly release...

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Agreed with the above!

Also.. remove launch from browser rubbish.. It grinds!

I want steam! Steam! Steam!

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

as posted above i hope it doesn't become yet another 'release the same game year after year with slightly different textures and a different number on the box' game.

5. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Given that it's EA I think it's likely they are aiming for yearly releases... although I sincerely hope not, and it would be a stupid move. Maybe we'll get BF:BC3 next year then BF4 after that, but all it's going to do is fragment a multiplayer community that really needs a minimum of 2-3 years between games.

Also, in a lot of ways I have to say I like the browser launcher. Well, ok, I don't, but I really like the fact that it loads the game in the background right up to the point of being ready to play. If they'd implemented that into Origin I would've been a happy camper.

Arg, just remembered now I still need to chase up EA about my Physical Warfare pack, which they never sent me a code for and I cannot speak to them about online because the damn support page sends me into a 'dead page' loop which just redirects to itself >.<

6. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

yep, agree with all comments about hoping it does not become a COD yearly churn out of dross advertised as a new game but in reality more of just a tweak and update affair.

I would much prefer 2 years worth of solid updates and good DLC's. For example Bad Company 2 Vietnam was great - a really well thought out, enjoyable DLC that was not only good value for money but also altered the gameplay just enough to not just feel like just a standard add on pack. If this was part of the COD franchise they would have repackeged the whole thing and sold it on as a brand new game at full price.

7. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I would much prefer DLC releases rather than full game releases. I am not spending months getting to rank 150 only to have to buy a new game and do it all again the year after.
    They should just release map packs for a tenner a time, maybe even a new co-op campaign on the same game engine.

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Oh no point in getting BF3 now, BF4 will be sooooo much better. I'll wait till it comes out.

New rule: Ill only invest in a FPS that's supported as long as BF2 or is made by valve

9. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

I don't see a problem with yearly releases. Aslong as the game stays fresh with vast amounts of improvements ofc.

10. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Depends, was the Bad Company 2 DLC all about multiplayer or was there some SP stuff as well? Because going annual would mean there wouldn't even be time for latecomers like me to catch up.

There would be differences with every new release as well so I wouldn't automatically "jump on the bus" with the newest title like you would with the Fifa series, when comparing with CoD I'd stick with 4 and not waste time on any MWs after that.

[EDIT] but if the more regular releases were only SP, that would be one way of managing the quality and not fragmenting the MP communities any further.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2011
  11. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Sack that, BF5 will be out in 2 years and that will be AWESOME!

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

being a massive Battlefield fan, i died a little inside.

i hope, i hope EA doesn't ruin this game into a yearly release rehash. please please don't. EA, you are better than this.

BF 1942: awesome, great start.
    BF Vietnam: not so good
    BF 2: best of all.
    BF Bad Company 2: good experiment.
    BF 3: lived up to BF2 so far.
    BF 4: if only 2 years apart, will not be as good. it's obvious! like how MW3 is just a rehash as MW2
    (PC release only)

13. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

ummmmmmm..................................

http://kotaku.com/5858191/report-inevitable-battlefield-4-mentioned-byeas-president

"EA told IGN, "Frank was speaking broadly about the Battlefield brand—a brand that EA is deeply passionate about and a fan community that EA is committed to."

If I were to speak broadly about, say, hamburgers, and you said, "Brian, how many hamburgers do you want?" I'd say, I want some hamburgers. But, if asked me, and I was being very specific, I would say, "Reader person, I would like four hamburgers."

14. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

What about 2142? I enjoyed it anyway.

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

completely forgot about that! that's quite good as well. a much needed "different" when other people are doing modern shooters

16. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

I want a BF2143, loved 2142, great balance and gameplay and the sci-fi theme was awesome as they weren't limited to our current tech.

17. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

I
    DID
    NOT
    SEE
    THAT
    COMING!!!111111

18. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

They should just improve on BF3 with DLC like they did with the other Battlefield games ie Special Forces with BF2!

19. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Is this a hint that it might be a platform exclusive?
    Possibly even console only? *shudder*

20. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Read the whole article, or read Redbeaver's link.

Seems like a lot of people are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing. There will be a Battlefield 4, we all know it. The series is hugely successful, has a lot of fans, and is a staple game for EA. However, EA also know that these games do their best by having multiple years between releases in order to reach full saturation. No one's saying they're already working on it.

Massive +1 to this. Loved 2142! The near future setting really helps the game, imo. Lets DICE be free to shape the game how they want it to be, not how the real world is.

Tags: Add Tags