1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware The Best of the 2012 International CES

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 14 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

No gaming equipment or related? What about gaming monitors with new screen technology or better response. I feel the TV's get all the love and PC-people's stuck with 2008 tech..

3. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

Thats kinda awkward.. A CPU cooler with the same processor as my 12.1" netbook...

4. Mork

Mork What's a Dremel?

Agreed 100% .. I'd love to get something with a higher resolution than my current 1920 x 1200, without having to empty my bank account..

Also, if Cooler Master would start making retail versions of that Nano-ITX 350, I'd be very happy! :D

5. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

What about the samsung smart window?
    So far the most exciting thing in the CES.

And it is just me or this lumina phone that is creating so much stir is ugly as heck?

6. HiMyNameIsWill

HiMyNameIsWill What's a Dremel?

Its just you. Have you actually seen or used one? They're fantastic

7. HiMyNameIsWill

HiMyNameIsWill What's a Dremel?

Panasonic announced a 20" LCD monitor that's 4K res..

8. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

With regards to Intel's phone, the highlight was the speed test. So a concept phone that isn't even finalised by a manufacturer and won't be released until the end of the year at the earliest is faster than phones that have been out for 6 months? WOW... Shock horror.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Actually, the reference platform *is* finalised - and will be launched in China by Lenovo within a month.

And yes, a single-core x86 chip outperforming dual-core and heavily-optimised ARM chips at the same power draw *is* a shock. In fact, it's never happened before. Ever.

10. Blanx3_Bytex

Blanx3_Bytex What's a Dremel?

First page seems to imply that microsoft is closing down. Is this a mistake?

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Does it? Whoops. T'was supposed to be referring to the fact that Microsoft won't be keynoting at CES any more. Sorry!

12. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Samsung and LG showed OLED 55" tv's, good news that bit tech skipped eh? Sony announced crystaline-led tv's, more news bit tech missed. Could we see this tech in monitors too? That remains to be seen, but I really want rid of this tn panel. Oh and Lenovo announced a 55" smart tv that is ips.

P.s linking to the website doesn't count, we prefer to hear hands on experience. :p

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Why on earth is a quad core tablet forsaking Windows in favour of Android? Is this is a concious mickey take while we wait for 8+Metro?!
    Get that TF700T running windows so I can have Artrage and Adobe CS running on it, that would make it everything I hoped the iPad would be a few years ago. Still not the grunt for large files, but a mobile sketchbook/ideas/layout pad with proper connections and networking...
    ... Begs the question actually, why has no one come with a system for plugging Tablets into PCs to use as make shift touch screens? There's got to be a market besides me for that kind of tech.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Coolermaster's V6 PC-in-a-Cooler concept:

"Yo, dawg, I heard you like PC's so we put a PC inside your PC..." :D

15. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

So Bit-tech/CPC have been there the whole time and this is all we get?

Jesus guys, get the lead out!

16. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I was incredibly disappointed with CES this year.

17. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Too bad Microsoft is deciding not to provide a keynote speaker after this CES.

Maybe it had something to do with having to share the stage with Ryan Seacrest. That guy should stick to reality shows, pop culture, and parade commentary and leave CES alone.

18. Blackshark

Blackshark What's a Dremel?

Ultra High resolution screens are still 12 to 24 months away. 4k is beginning to appear for larger screen sizes, and as early adoptors take it on board there is a small chance the manufacturing will increase enough to allow normal mortals to hitch a lift. But I suspect we are 3 to 5 years from seeing budget screens (2 to 3 hundred GBP) which have ultra high dpi and thus resolution for the size.

Yes very poor showing as is the norm for the humble PC. Its funny that the one piece of tech that started everýthing, is always left out in the cold. But as the mobile phone becomes the 'engine' for must peoples PC and gaming in future, it will be difficult for the classical PC to compete. OnLive and co. are eating away at the moderate and budget gaming markets.

It was fun whilst it lasted.

19. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Looking at other tech sites, there was plenty of interesting pc related stuff at CES, like custom 7970's, cases, motherboards, keyboards and one awkward looking mouse. :D

20. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

Lumina is fine... The N9 with meego harmattan is much better tough.

Tags: Add Tags