1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard almost confirms Diablo 3 console release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 17 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

I seem to remember Micah Whiple is the guy who had all his personal details exposed in protest against the Real ID system. It's amazing what you remember!

3. rickets187

rickets187 What's a Dremel?

An Activision decision, surely? Hopefully this doesn't mark the start of an inexorable decline to Blizzard's PC/Mac games becoming mere software ports.

4. the-beast

the-beast What's a Dremel?

Lost interest in this when they said it would use the same restrictive online only battle.net that Starcraft 2 used.

Not all of us have superfast, always on broadband with unlimited usage!

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What, including the tweet posted by Whiple just this morning? That was clever of 'em. I must remember to refuel the Delorean next time...

7. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Already started. Diablo 3's minimal-polygon art style is both a way of pre-empting Torchlight 2 and the only way they could get D3 to work on consoles.

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I don't see a problem with it being on consoles, it's just a hack n slash game. And like it said in the article, Diablo was on PSX. I've still got a Diablo save game on one of my old PSX mem-cards..somewhere.

Quite honestly though, I don't really care what they do to D3 at this point. They already damaged the game to the point I am no longer interested. When I think of the hours I put into the first 2 games and expansions, it really is quite a shame they are going to lose what would have been an avid player.

9. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Exploring console version =/= definitely coming onto console.

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Well played :thumb:

Is there really any doubt anymore? The game's well lined up for it and it seems unlikely that Blizzard would "explore" something that isn't going to make them money.

11. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

The following reasons are why I'm not too concerned about buying and playing D3...

A. Skyrim was also launched on consoles and still is a great game on the PC.
    B. I played Diablo and DiabloII predominately online anyways, even if I was just hacking and slashing in my own private game. Being online with D2 provided the only way to transfer items between my characters without using a trainer/hack.
    C. I play StarcraftII occassionally, but when I created my "RealID", I sure as heck didn't use my actual name.
    D. The only time I'm going to be angry is if my ISP goes down and I can't play the game. It's a really rare occurrence, but it can happen.

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The one that merely points out that Diablo was released for consoles in 1998? Doesn't add anything to the story really.

13. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

ohh, THAT guy! :eyebrow:

Tags: Add Tags