1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GAME Group's recovery begins

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 9 Apr 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. mattbailey

mattbailey What's a Dremel?

At least I know I can get Stone Quarry Simulator/Oil Platform Simulator/Street Cleaning Simulator/Garbage Truck Simulator from a retail store. My life is complete now.

3. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I think there is a future for a high street gaming chain provided its managed properly - i.e. not opening 3 stores within a stones throw of each other!

4. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Indeed. Plus if Game pushed more for an online presence and shut down their unprofitable stores (the latter of which has now happened - one of the few upsides of going into administration is this is a fairly efficient process), Game could do fairly well as a company.

5. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

That's not even it, they had at least three online sites. I can't remember if you could buy online from Gamestation but there was Game itself, Gameplay and the Ebay Wholesale site and I've used all three including getting the whole console from Game direct, faultless service.

So how the head office managed to royally screw them all up is still a mystery. Logged back in and my points are still there, at least people have their rewards and saved giftcards and credit back again.

It would be smarter to have some stores serve as primary return hubs for hardware online or expand that if they did it before the administration, otherwise it's just good to see them back if the new owners can rebuild all the damaged publishing relationships.

6. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

YAY! GW2 collectors preorder time :D

7. Jhodas

Jhodas Theorist

Glad I'm not the only one that's noticed that seems to Game's mainstay for PC titles...

Tags: Add Tags