1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V 23" HDTV - Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aa-chan, 28 Feb 2007.

1. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

Samsung 23"

I was considering getting this TV because mine is starting to die and I want it in preparation for the PS3. Anyway, I'd set my heart on this one before I thought I should really make sure that there isn't anything better for the money.

I don't want to spend more than £400 and it has to be HD Ready, compatible with the PS3 and be shiny looking. I'd like it to be black but would consider anything depending on the specs.

Have I picked a good one?

2. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I don't think at that size and price there will be much difference between the "good" brands, Samsung being one of them. As long as it's got the right inputs and resolution for you. Sorry I can't be more help but I think that's a good choice I think.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'll let you know how I get on with my X2VGA and that may help to expand your choices, it's a component upscaler 420p/720p/1080p and costs £40 without cables, £60 with Wii/XBOX/VGA cables.

4. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Yup... you won't go wrong with a Samsung HDTV :thumb:

But can I ask if you were intending ordering it from Play, or did you just use that link to provide an example of the telly?
    I actually suspect it was the former - else you'd likely have linked to it on Samsung's website, right?

My point is... it's available quite a bit cheaper - from a number of sources!

PRC Direct are selling it for just £374.79 - with FREE delivery!
    24/7 Electrical are only 1p more @ £374.80 - including FREE [standard] delivery!
    And Empire Direct are only 20p more again @ £359.99 + £15.00 delivery = £375!

5. steele

steele What's a Dremel?

Samsungs new range comes out in March. Could possibly get a current model cheaper or splash out on a new one. There are pictures floating around the web and they look very nice.

Steele