1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Computex Diary Day 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 15 Jun 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. fodder

fodder Minimodder

The transformers look interesting. I have one of the original transformers and it was fantastic until they borked it with the ICS release, which they are still trying to fix months (and several firmware updates) later.

If you want a story, look into that. How Asus (or Nvidia) have effectively broken a large number of TF101 tablets with a poorly tested update and will not replace or refund them.

3. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

I've been waiting for a decent tablet experience ever since Microsoft announced Windows8/RT. Now the Tranformer has a proper OS, this has WIN written all over it. Looks epic, can't wait!!

4. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

mh. asus transformer with android/windows8 dualboot. that does sound tempting. might be finally worth considering ditching my 5 year old notebook.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

install Windows 8 on
    ALL the machines.
    [/meme]

at least the motherboards look moderately interesting.

6. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

First line in the article, or the title if you wish...

"Comptuex 2012 Diary" -> Computex... :D

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'venever understood why they use fixed barbs, as they've done this with products in the past and people hated it. If it had been threaded then they could've supplied covers so people using air cooling don't have random barbs jutting out, and I only use compressions, as I'm sure a lot of watercoolers do, so they've shot themselves in the foot really. It's why I went for the Gene...

8. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

If anyone has any questions regarding the Formula and Extreme (other than when will they be out), I've just set up an interview with the dev-team; drop them here and I'll pass them on.

9. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Can't help but feel like all this stuff is a bit pointless, like the recent 690 review.

In a world where practically all games are console ports, what's the point of upgrading?

And yeah, feel free to ask the Asus guys that, and take a photo of the looks on their faces.

I happened across a youtube video of the game EF2000 recently, which was beyond fantastic - thirteen years ago. Imagine what could be done with modern gear. I fear we shall not see its like again.

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Perhaps. Microsoft has a lot of catching up to do in the tablet market. If it does not try to be all things to everyone and sticks to Windows RT for such devices, and really focuses hard on those devices being tablets and not full-fledged computers, it may just catch up with the iPad... in two years (one year to work out the kinks; another year to start fully developing the potential). That's a long time in tablet world. Good luck.

11. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Really Phil, there's no need to be so cynical or negative. There are a number of games that harness the power of the PC, and its ability to be customised and modified is un-matched. Whinging at hardware manufacturers that there aren't any games you like just seems petty. If this stuff is of no interest to you, then simply don't comment.

Tags: Add Tags