1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics 24 pin to 20 pin ATX connector

Discussion in 'Modding' started by LVMike, 27 Oct 2004.

1. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

I have a 24 pin power supply and want to connect it to my 20 pin MOBO. I know there are converters online but i would like to do it my self. Does any onw know what 4 cables i would need or can tell me what cables i need in what pin slots.

Thankyou

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I know it's the chunk of four at one end, I don't know which one. I'm quite sure it's one of each main rail (3.3, 5, 12, G). Get that confirmed though!

3. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

Google for the pinout of a 20-pin ATX connector. You should then figure out the ones you dont need. Simple enough.

4. zz300

zz300 What's a Dremel?

5. Megavolt

Megavolt What's a Dremel?

-5 Vdc

I am looking at the ATX link above and the PSU guide at formfactors.org and notice that the -5Vdc line on the 20pin ATX connector shows as a +5Vdc line on the 24pin BTX connector. You may have to do more than just whack off the four lines. I have done just the same thing (cutting the end off the 24 pin connector and capping the wires) but I think my main board did not use the -5Vdc line. :eyebrow:
    EDIT: [Never mind it is a N/C on the 24 pin connector. Everything is OK but the lock may not line up] :duh: