1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve opens Greenlight to non-gaming content

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 18 Oct 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd love to get something like Ultramon through there to increase its audience.

3. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

You mean DisplayFusion ;) Yeah, Ultramon & DF would be good, and DirectoryOpus too.

4. bagman

bagman Minimodder

This would be great for goodbytes Nv GPU Pro. It is very good of steam to let smaller companies which don't have the money to push there product out into the main stream. But now with steams green light program they have that opportunity.

5. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Hmm, this might actually make me consider getting a steam account

(If only my friend hadn't stolen my name for his second account)

6. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Damn, dude, steal it back :)

I like this a lot, both parts. Bummer about the other story that broke about Steam, and it's exploitable flaws, along with the Source and Unreal engines...

I'm not too hot on the idea of the Windows store, but that's more due to MS following Apple's dickish lead - not about pushing software for smaller developers as it is control (and a piece of the action, of course.) Steam's getting their cut, too, of course. But in Valve's case, I have this idea that it's more benevolent....dear god, I'm a fanboi, aren't I? Gabe Newell is my tubby Jesus :/