1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows $25 to whoever can fix my problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by HEVNBND, 14 Sep 2005.

1. HEVNBND

HEVNBND What's a Dremel?

Ok guys got a file that i encrypted with the sony puppy FIU-710 and then i uninstalled it and when i reinstalled it i was not able to open the file. Sony has been no help. If someone is able to decrypt the attached file and show me how they did it i will pay them via paypal $25 bucks. PLEASE HELP I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO EXTRACT THIS image from this file OR ELSE I COULD LOSE MY JOB

Any assistance to point me in the right direction to get this file open would be excelent. If i can view the image and extract it that would be great.

Thanks for your time.

2. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

The link is dead.

You may have a hard time if its an encrypted file you want decryted. If its a proper encryption algorithym(sp?), like Blowfish or PGP, then it would take years for a computer to crack.

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

You probably want to download it rather than have it displayed in the browser.

4. jewelz78

jewelz78 What's a Dremel?

If it is infact your file there would be no reason the unit would not recognize your print. If you have the puppy software then redo your finger print by saving another small file on the same unit, then disengage the puppy restart and put puppy back in and try to access lost file :)

5. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Gahhhh, what a cheapass! "I could lose my job, if you can save my ass I'll give you 25 bucks!" How about a month's salary? Not that I can fix your problem, I'm just suggesting that someone who can is in a position to bargain.

AH

Note: ArtificialHero is not advocating taking advantage of people in need of help. No purchase necessary. Your home may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments. For full terms and conditions, please see www.bit-tech.net

6. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Dude, what did you encrypt it with? DES, RSA? Also, do you have the key just not able to get in?

7. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering What's a Dremel?

I'm guessing you re-initialised the unit as oposed to just reinstalling the Crypto Manager software. If so, I'd say you're up sh*t creek with no paddle. If not, then reinstalling the crypto manager software should do the trick.

The file is encrypted using 3DES. "Simple" DES encryption can be decoded with a relatively fast computer in around 3.5 hours. Triple DES decryption would take a supercomputer weeks, if not months. $25 won't buy much time on Big Blue (or whatever the current state of the art is.) Sorry.

8. HEVNBND

HEVNBND What's a Dremel?

Na not cheap just poor. I don't know what sony uses to encrypt the file. You don't enter a password. It uses your finger print. I tried reinstalling the software and opening the file again and no luck. Am i screwed? SecureSuite XS 4.2 Workstation is the software that installs with the unit.

9. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Sounds like when you reinstalled it, it makes a new encryption key from your finger print. Even though its the same finger, it would be very difficult to position your finger exactly the same way it was the first time. So now that you reinstalled it, the keys don't match.

10. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

"The device can securely generate and store up to 1024-bit RSA (PKI) keys as well as perform 56-bit DES and 3DES encryption."

Aughhh. If Sony could offer you no solution, I doubt any of else will be able to. :blah:

Tags: