1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 5 Dec 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Did they really take out bullet drop? The harder difficulties in the first always had them.

3. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Yes totally. I remember there being bullet drop etc on hard difficulty.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Disappointing to hear this, although I wasn't expecting much!

One-shot kills, unfathomable alerts when you kill people, less freedom and not enough bullet physics. Fail.

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

You previewed this tosh and still no hitman absolution review? wth? I recall bit tech being very positive in their blood money review and I was expecting a review of absolution
    I was keen to hear their opinion on the changes and weather they actually liked absolution or lambasted it for its glaring flaws etc. Dissapointed :/

6. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

i cant understand bit-tech puts up game of the year poles but have not even made a shred of any sort of article on most of the games on the list, ala hitman.

do u expect ur users to go to other game sites to get all their info and then come on this site to vote on it?

come on bit-tech, bring back some old school panache!

7. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

WHETHER

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

An update has been added to this article, as Namco has clarified that Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 does have bullet drop and other, more simulatory features at higher difficulties. Apologies for missing that, but obviously we didn't play it on all difficulty modes.

As for Hitman...well, we did try to arrange a review at the time of release (in the magazine as well as online), but to be blunt we had trouble arranging code from the team. Even though we'd had colleagues with access for week we were unable to get review code from the publisher until three days after release - by which point, due to the press deadlines, I'd made the editorial decision to stop wasting time and focus attention elsewhere.

That's why you got a review of the fantastic Far Cry 3 ahead of the release of that game, instead of a review of the mediocre Hitman on the same day. If you want to know what I think of Hitman though...well, I personally agree perfectly with Tom Francis' review in PCG: http://www.pcgamer.com/review/hitman-absolution-review/1/

As for the point about the Game of the Year 'poles', well I actually gave that a lot of thought. The reality is that with the resources we have we can't cover every single release, though we do obviously try to cover as much of the important stuff as possible. So, when putting the poll together then the choice was either:

1) Only include some of the games which were released this year, excluding titles others may fairly and justifiably want to vote for, such as Hitman (or Natural Selection 2)

Or...

2) Include games regardless of whether we reviewed them (or what score we gave them), letting users have a properly free discussion and vote

Personally, I don't claim that I can be anyone's sole source for information about games - and I think you lot are intelligent enough to recognise that and to use multiple information sources if appropriate.

No. When the question is 'What is your favourite game of the year?' then I'd expect users to not consider reviews at all; I'd expect them to play the games themselves and make their own minds up regardless of coverage elsewhere.

...Also, I've never reviewed Blood Money and nor has anyone else on this site.

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Ahem:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/custompc/reviews/92654/hitman-blood-money.html

However I am glad to at least to get your opinion, even if in the form of the PCG review, I think 66% is bang on as well :)
    I actually didn't expect a review before, or even on day one but I was very surprised to hot have had one at all, at least we all know why now :/

Yes we could go get reviews from other sites, but if we did we would have to put up with the likes of IGN gushing 9 out of 10 praise of every game (like Hitman: Absolution!) and using words that are 'cool for da kidz', instead of clever and well thought out, balanced reviews, clearly some of us older gamers prefer the bit-tech style of review.

The fact that we want your opinion is something you guys should take as a compliment :)

Got a bit much time on your hands down in the valleys aye? You need something better to do with your life ;)

Last edited: 6 Dec 2012
  10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Man, I don't even know how you found that. Either way though, that's legacy content from Custom PC, not Bit-tech. Daniel Emery left Custom years before Dennis acquired Bit-tech!

I certainly do take it as a compliment that you want to know my thoughts, apologies if that didn't come across!

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Because I have been waiting for 6 years for this day lol!
    I always thought it was a bit-tech review, as it was on your site I found it, I assume it was available via bit-tech due to some affiliation before the merge? I also recall reading various articles mentioning how good you guys thought blood money was, like this one:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/2009/03/09/what-game-should-i-play/
    This one:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2009/04/20/30-pc-games-to-play-before-you-die/9
    And this one:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2009/06/29/hitman-5-set-for-2010-release/1

To quote:
    "Sounds good to us, as we're big fans of Hitman here at bit-tech.net - especially Hitman: Blood Money and, while we actually thought the film was fun in a mindless kind of way, having the game tie-in with a sequel would probably be A Bad Thing."

BTW are you Joe Martin? Or is your name actually Joe Card? Because Joe Martin actually wrote some of these Hitman Blood Money related articles and judging by the high praise bit-tech had given blood money I had just always took it for granted you would make a review :)

All will be forgiven if you review Rome 2 Total War in a timely fashion :)

12. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

good answer until u said hitman is mediocre >:-(

i do know u want ppl to make up their own minds, but u cant make up ur mind unless u get info on the subject to make up ur mind. speaking for myself, games are very expensive and the old school, single player focused gamer i am in a seemingly shrinking "we care about single player" mentality of alot of the big game titles regarding FPS's in particular is leading me more and more to rely on a few professionals, yourself included joe, to help me decide.

the box art choosing of games is to risky for me nowadays and to expensive to waste on a 4hr piece of hogwash.

i think many rely heavily on u guys... backlash is just coming from being a huge fan/.

Tags: Add Tags