1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Primochill Compression Tube Reservoir Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 4 Apr 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

My daily 24/7 PC is water cooled since 2001, it still uses the same two reservoirs, Eheim pump and radiator and also all the rubber rings never changed. But I switched the CPU block two times, also the tubes from 6mm to 12mm tubing. And 3 PC component upgrades.

That is almost 11 years of functioning without any problem, no leaks and surviving numerous hardware upgrades over the years. Although I drain old liquid and refill it with fresh 'fesser one' once a year.

I can say Water Cooling is crazy reliable in keeping the hardware cool and sillent for years...

3. mybadomen

mybadomen What's a Dremel?

Love the review and i have been using a few Primochill CTR reservoirs for a while now and i personally think they are amazing. I can turn the tops to make the top and bottom fittings line up perfect without having to loosen any threads and whats even cooler in my upcoming Mod Legion i will be cutting one of the reservoirs shorter to the size i need and the compression caps make this Possible. Totally agree needs to come with a couple Port Plugs which i am sure they will fix.

Great Review and Great Product that i personally run in 3 builds at the moment.

4. Blackshark

Blackshark What's a Dremel?

Obi, I agree. Till I moved to Sweden I had been water cooling about the same length of time. The only leak I had was forgetting to connect a tube before filling up! Ahh the impetuousness of youth!! I never suffered from half the problems of fouling that I read about.

But today, if I went down the desktop root, I suspect I would go for a closed loop job.No cutting / measuring tubes!

Really like the product though. Nice review.

Tags: Add Tags