1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays 26" Iiyama PLE2607WSD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Madness_3d, 13 Oct 2010.

1. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Anybody got this monitor? opinions on it?

I'm after a new 1920x1200 monitor and am also considering the substantially more expensive HP ZR24W 24" IPS Display. I know the latter is better display but I'm wondering If I could save ~£100 and still get a good screen. I don't really have the budget for the IPS Screen and while I have saved repeatedly for the screen I just can't justify that kind of expense on a display.

So yeah, Anyone got it? I currently have a Samsung 226BW.

Many Thanks :thumb:

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Your comparing a rusted Deawoo against a Mercedes Benz. What can I say?

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

There's really not a comparison to be made. One is a cheap TN panel, and the other, while not a professional panel, is aimed at a much higher level, and the price reflects this.

The Iiyama is a TN panel, and with it being 26" will have a larger dot pitch/pixel size.

If all you have is £220 and no more, then I'd be tempted to look for a decent used monitor from ebay. If you want new, then you have no choice, as all 1920x1200 screens in this price range will be cheaper TN panels.

Goodbytes' comparison to a rusted Daewoo is a little harsh however. It will be useable, and perfectly fine for every day use, but any colour critical work will show it's flaws quite easily. Viewing angles will be poor also.