1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Intel Core i7-4770K CPU Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 1 Jun 2013.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Last edited: 1 Jun 2013
  2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

NDA lifts at midnight tonight.

Are Intel aware of this?

3. Combatus

June 1st 7am PT (3pm BST) for Quad core parts

4. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Ah that's ok then. A certain smaller etailer caused big problems the other day. A little like they always do to be honest and I wouldnt like to see one of my favourite review sites finding issues of their own with intel that's all :)

5. Combatus

I can guess who! Intel's been very strict with it this year so they'll likely find it pretty difficult going from here on in with Intel!

Anyway, thanks for giving me a heart attack thinking I'd mis-read the NDA time :D

6. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Heat. Muchos heat. Still happy with sandy balls.

7. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Anyone notice the daily connectivity isssues at Bit tech now?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Yes, the forum overloaded on me too a bit earlier on.

9. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Will all 'R' cpus be BGA?

10. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Looks like I'm sticking with my 2500k for a little while longer.

Sandy Balls is lovely this time of year.

11. Kralnor

Kralnor What's a Dremel?

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I was expecting the same heat issues, after seeing some of the early leaked reviews.

Guess I did the right thing the other month in upgrading to SB-E rather than waiting for Heatwell.

13. m0ngy

m0ngy What's a Dremel?

LOL, Bit-tech's appalling writing and editing is hilarious. Seriously kids, don't smoke weed when you're attempting to publish online content.

Page 1: "such as the move from LGA1156 to LGA1156 for Sandy Bridge"
    "as we saw from moving from Westmere to Sandy Bridge." *clap, clap* Well written... lol.

Page 1: "As-per-usual the price of LGA1155 gear is likely to fall as its upgrade path ends so there may be some bargains to be had if you choose wisely, though frankly we'd imagine you have to be pretty lucky to find a bargain that really makes it worth buying new Ivy Bridge kit." My God, what a mouthful!

Page 2: "While there are plenty of numbers floating around as to how much faster the new IGP will be, Intel hasn’t released information regarding the number of execution units they will offer yet, so the only real indicator as to just how much faster they are will be benchmarks." How about, "Intel hasn’t released information regarding the number of execution units, so benchmarks will be the only real indicator as to improved performance."

Page 2: "Intel admits that there have been no significant changes to the key pipelines. Instead, the benefits are akin to efficiency improvements and increasing bandwidth." How about, "There are no significant changes to the key pipelines, though efficiency has been improved and bandwidth increased."

Are you serious? Is someone proof reading this drivel? I couldn't be bothered editing the rest for you. Someone at the office needs to get their arse into gear else be sacked, because your articles read like a semi-literate high schooler's dog chewed homework.

14. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

It's called padding- we all used to do it at school, to make our essays longer and seem more impressive/substantive. Of course, the teachers would usually spot it and write notes in red saying 'less waffle please'.

/Irony.

I too will be sticking with my 2500k for the foreseeable future- no real reason to upgrade for what I do...

15. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

All the CPUs with the better iGPU will be BGA. Tomshardware.com has more info in their review on it.

16. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

@m0ngy

You actually read the articles? I don't read any of it apart from the conclusions, unless something particular piques my interest and I want it explained, such as a new technology development. I usually look at the facts and figures of the charts and images and then read the conclusion which sums up the rest. Most of the text that isn't actually explaining something technological is personal opinion, something I have no interest in.

That is my choice however, I can choose to read what I want. Your example of a teacher is a good point though but you need to remember that the vast majority of people are not 'teacher' level and would barely make adequate students. As such Bit-Tech has to accommodate for the lowest denominator and not the arrogant, self-appeasing readers such as yourself. If you really find the articles so bad, you don't have to read them at all.

17. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

I can confirm they are using thermal paste

EDIT: And I was told the lid was quite easy to pop off with a large fresh stanley blade.
    The usual black glue has been used to fix the lid in place.

18. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

lmao what a let down.

19. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Yeah, total disappointment.

20. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I went from X79 to this. Very happy with the results.

Less power use, no shift down in games and a good £1400 in my pocket extra.

Its a good chipset with a good speed bump for those on sandybridge.

What you have all got to understand is that the 2600ks etc were all at 5.0ghz in the review where as this is at 4.7ghz and faster still.

Most are running sandy at 4.8ghz as it was only relrease day that was 5ghz onm almost every chip. These are all 4.7ghz capable so with that in mind the gap will broaden. Also, haswell alows for much high memory speeds. The reviews "ok" but it doesnt reflect on what you actually get and what you actually get is around 15-20% boost over sandybridge if not more if you spend time to get the best out of both systems which ultimate means a good 700mhz extra out of the memory on haswell over SB.

You all call yourselves enthusiasts yet your all missing whats infront of you. Another reason why europeans come to the UK to work whilst many people in the UK are happy to say "I dont have a job, the government is helping outsiders and they are taking money from the country". Boils down to being lazy ultimately and not looking at the bigger picture or what perhaps is wrong and can be fixed. Another reason why the UK is doomed.

Tags: Add Tags