1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sapphire teases Atomic water-cooled HD 7990 6GB

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 4 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

I am much more interested in the Motherboard waterblock, talk about full coverage?
    They could have made the loops look a lot better as well, not really sure about the yellow tubing with black coils, seems very 2005

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

+1 on both counts!

4. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Looks horrible. In my opinion the whole point of watercooling is that it looks awesome, and this doesn't. Considering the price, I think they need to sort this out if they intend to sell any.

5. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

I imagine they got the blocks in a few days they had to be shipped and just told someone to get them out on time and not worry about the looks

6. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

The whole point of watercooling is that it gives more capacity for cooling, so you can run your kit cooler and or quieter.
    Looks are a secondary concern, and everyone has their own taste. Personally I don't have a window on my case, so I don't care what the inside looks like.
    (which is handy considering the bodge job I have holding my waterblock on, and the electrical tape round the pump, and the dust, and the wires everywhere, etc.)

7. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

What motherboard is that?

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I like what looks to be a full AIO mobo waterblock, very nice. :cooldude:

GPU is pretty nice too. :D

9. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

So, not that it actually cools your gear with a much higher heat tranfer coefficient than air? No no, it's just got to look awesome.
    I've never dabbled in watercooling, I just value my hardware too much (being a permanent student with no money doesn't help) to put it in any sort of danger. moderate overclocks and high airflow are the order of the day for me. However, if I did go the w/c route, i'd love mine to look like this. Maybe minus the black anti-kink.

Also, for the folks wondering about the full mobo cover, i'm pretty sure that's just a shield so there's no rival advertising on the board.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

But does it have a custom PCB with OC'd GPUs like the ARES II?

;);)

(I'm pretty sure we've sold all the ARES II now anyway, so it's an open market :O)

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Since the mobo is covered with aluminum, it had better not be a waterblock.;)
    -Anyone else think "heavy water coolant" when they read the title?

12. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I'm in the market for a new cooler for my GTX470, which has recently started making alarming buzzing noises when under load.

The problem I have is that there's a lot of cards in my machine, and no room for one of those triple-slot things.

I don't care what it looks like. Does anyone make anything that's easy to fit?

13. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Those yellow tubes are a bit too short. It's annoying the feck out of me.

14. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

[​IMG]

They seem to have a closed loop thing in mind ... (source)

I don't think it's just a shield:

- Compared to the overall presentation it looks too "good" to be just bling.
    - If sapphire wouldn't want rival advertising, they could take one of their own mainboards, no?
    - The location of the barbs would be way off it was really just a cover and there was some other manufacturers block beneath it.

15. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Sapphire needs help.... badly.

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Care to expand on this statement at all? Or are you just slating Sapphire in general?

17. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Mmmm, tasty (except for that horrible yellow tubing with black coils, which looks rank).

PS: It absolutely drives me nuts that Bit-Tech use "teases" as a synonym for "previews". It's just not right, stop it! :D

Tags: Add Tags