1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fez 2 will avoid Xbox

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 21 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I doubt Microsoft will so much as raise an eyelid at this, but fair play to him for speaking out.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Not the first company to complain about microsofts exubent pricing for patches, valve have also complained in the past and are also annoyed about microsofts stance on free dlc.

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Indie Game: The Movie 2 - The Rebuttal?

5. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

irritating gamers??? FALCOOONNN PUUUUUUUNCH!!!!! is probably the most fun anyone has ever had when gaming in a group lol, we actually had a freeforall with nothing but captain falcon because of it

6. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

No doubt that Windows Phone publishing services like Yalla Apps will branch out to allow indie developers to publish on the Xbox. Self publishing is a bad idea in my opinion since it's the main reason why the current indie marketplace on Xbox is full of fart games, anime girlfriend simulators and other crap.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Breaking news: So will I.

8. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Wow, it seems like the bad press for Microsoft simply won't come to an end.

I have been an xbox man myself since the first iteration and I have to admit, I might end up buying my first ever playstation in this round of the console wars. I never thought I would hear myself say that.

9. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Wow, so if you madmouth Microsoft you get some press time to promote your own games?

Is this news or just jumping on the bandwagon?

I never heard of this chap or his games before now and after this, he wont be getting any of my money either.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Really? Fez is one of the best-known indie games around. It has a 90% Metacritic score on the PC, and 89% on the Xbox 360. It has won numerous awards - Excellence in Visual Art, IGF 2008; Design Innovation (Nominated), IFG 2008; PAX 10, PAX Prime 2011; Story/World Design, IndieCade 2011; Grand Jury Award, IndieCade 2011; Seamus McNally Grand Prize, IGF 2012; Game of the Year, Eurogamer 2012 - and has been the subject of an award-winning documentary, Indie Game: The Movie, alongside Super Meat Boy.

Fish is about as well-known as the game, too: a very public falling-out with his co-founder, a tendency towards unguarded comments that hardly endear him to his fans, numerous broken promises and years-long launch delays, and a style that sits somewhere between French existentialist and unrepentant hipster make him a memorable figure in the indie game world.

11. Snips

Still none the wiser Gareth. So it is purely self promotion then?

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Just because you haven't heard of something doesn't mean it's not popular! I've heard of Fez on the PC but I've never played it.

13. Snips

So does that make it popular then?

14. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

The troll. He is hungry.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No, you contrary thing you, being popular makes it popular. In its first year of sales, when it was exclusive to Xbox Live Arcade and not available on PC, it sold more than 200,000 copies. Sure, we're not talking Battlefield 3 (three million pre-orders) here, but for an indie game on a single platform that's pretty good going - even if it is absolutely dwarfed by Minecraft, which has so far sold 11,008,274 copies. Compared to other Xbox Live Arcade titles, Fez was a smashing success - and there can be no doubt as to its popularity.

Any other questions?

16. Snips

As a gamer, I never took any interest in it or him until this "fashionable" pop at Microsoft. In fact, I don't think the game has been mentioned on this website before now. So is every Indie developer getting a soap box to stand on here on this website Gareth?

17. Gareth Halfacree

If they have something interesting to say and sales in the hundreds of thousands, then why the hell not? Also, you don't speak for all gamers - as hundreds of thousands of people who have heard of Phil Fish and Fez and even paid actual money for the game will attest.

Perhaps you're just not as well informed as you'd like to think, hmm? Finger slipping off the pulse a little, there? Never mind. We won't think any less of you for it.

18. Snips

So it was mentioned on this site before then?

19. Gareth Halfacree

I'm sorry, where did I say it was mentioned on this site before now? There are lots of games that aren't mentioned on this site until they are - that's how news works, y'know. Take Arma, for example. Should the site not have reviewed Arma II, because it never mentioned the original? How far back to do we take that? Can the site cover Microsoft operating systems, or does the fact that there's no review of Windows 1.0 mean that it's verboten?

Really, Snips, you started off as such a promising troll. Son, I am disappoint.

EDIT: Guess what a quick search of the forum threw up? That's right, Fez being mentioned prior to this news story. First positively, then not so positively. So to answer your question: yes, it was mentioned on this site before. Not that, as I have pointed out to you, that in any way matters.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2013
  20. Snips

In a forum post was it? fair enough, shame it's fame was buried away as the main site search only shows the topic you posted about him fashionably having a pop at Microsoft.

Why is it trolling when questioning the validity and purpose of an article?

This article is nothing more than self promoting and it's sole purpose is to acquire publicity by ridicule.

Really Gareth, it must have been a slow news day, maybe?

Tags: Add Tags