1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Monaco dev disappointed by XBox sales

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 17 Jul 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Well maybe the finished product just wasn't very good? I think there's a hand full of big budget games that just didn't cut it on the console either but I'm sure Bit-tech don't get statements from them as well, or will you?

I'm sure it's a hugely successful release for everybody on the PS3, right?

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I think the mindset of many a console gamer is different to a PC gamer. I can't remember the last time I played a big budget blockbuster, but the last indie I played would have been Sunday.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is Sunday a good game then :naughty: i will have to give it a go :hehe:

5. konstantine

konstantine What's a Dremel?

Those new consoles are gonna be the main factor behind us being stuck with crappy visual and primitive mechanics for most of the future games.

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Not sure if this is supposed to be some sort of poorly crafted attack on PS3 owners, but the game is only available for PC (Windows and Mac) and 360. Considering only 360 sales are being called low it seems safe to assume that the quality of the game isn't to blame.

I'd wager this has something to do with it. Combine it with a lack of advertising and hype for the game and you've got a recipe for poor sales. Not the right environment or audience for an indie game beyond cheap casual or arcade games.

7. holbob

holbob What's a Dremel?

That's just an excuse for developers. Look at the makers of the witcher series, absolutely maximised the pc platform for technology and sold loads. It can still be dine right.

8. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Surely poor sales is due to the high piracy rates of 360 games, and not to game or platform issues?
    It has been proven* again and again that there is a high correlation between high piracy rates and poor game sales.

* By the gut feelings of publishing executives.

Tags: Add Tags