1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fez 2 cancelled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 29 Jul 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

(Man) Children behaving like (man) children. News at 11.
    Fish is a massive tool, and this infantile hissy fit is in character.

If there is no Fez 2 after this then it is because there wasn't much Fez 2 to abandon. Otherwise, prepare for some drawn out attention-seeking before a dramatic back-pedalling release.

3. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

He's one to talk about constant criticism and nastiness:

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I'm actually going to side a little bit with Fish here. I know he can be a douche, but Annoyed Gamer I actively avoid like the plague. The net is filled with enough whiney douchebags without us needing a web show that centralizes being a whiney douchebag.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

was this another kickstarter funded as well?

6. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I'm on Fish's side too. He gets so much **** from people on Twitter and on websites. It's like it's cool to hate him.

7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

While I do feel bad for Fish and doesn't deserve the hate he got, he is a drama queen and I feel like he's more of a visionary than a good programmer. I say this because Fez should not have taken as long as it did to release and the game is not anywhere near complex enough to have the amount of technical difficulties it encountered in it's pre-release stages.

8. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

@ sotu1 & AlexB

I'm going to side with the person who isn't an attention-seeking self-entitled princess . . . only there isn't one in this situation. Marcus "Annoyed Gamer" Beer is a minor video personality who provokes for views.
    He is a bug to be ignored. Not that Phil Fish is much more than a bug himself, only he doesn't realise it.

Instead Phil Fish put on a prima donna fit and told Beer he should go "kill himself" (which Bit-tech chose not to report) before picking up his ball and running home crying about all the "nastiness". What a big man! What a hypocrite, considering the crap he himself has publicly spewed, and even more perverse when you read his Twats in full!

I can think of very few reasons why an adult should tell another person to go kill themselves publicly on the Internet (perhaps a comment that includes a horse, some lubricant and a Mum?), and I can't think of any reason a professional person should. Being asked his opinion of Microsoft's independent developer policy doesn't even make the list.

Last edited: 29 Jul 2013
  9. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I believe this sums up the article nicely:

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

11. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

It was right to ask him for a comment now Microsoft had released details of it's openness for indie developers on the XboxOne. Fish was one of the first to have a go at jumping on the Microsoft haters band wagon after E3 this year.

He's rightly been outed as a first class tool. Goodbye indeed

12. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I just find this all funny in a not-laughing manner. So those commenting above (and I am sure many others too) deem it childish to disagree with someone and end up calling them names (I agree with that part) and yet then go on to deem it acceptable to call both Fish and Beer names, including hypocrite.

Oh the irony that flies above so many heads.

P.S. I did however, have a little giggle at 'Fish and Beer'. :)

13. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

"Hypocrite" is not a naughty word.

It is hypocritical to whine about Internet negativity and criticism when you are a notorious source of negativity and criticism.
    It is hypocritical to complain about abuse when you abuse others.

The schadenfreude is high with this because Fish has behaved like a toxic arrogant tool and that Fez was the second coming of gaming. It wasn't.
    A personality as abrasive as Fish's is only tolerated if he has a thick skin and a large body of successful work (see John Romero). Fish has neither.

14. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

Doesn't Fez still have a number of game breaking bugs? Perhaps finish the first one before having a tantrum and cancelling a second?!

15. miller

miller What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will pay to see Fish talk s**t to his face.

16. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Adnoctum, I think you missed my point. It is hypocritical to be critical and insulting an individual for being critical and insulting.

Tags: Add Tags