1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision Blizzard reports $1.05bn of Q2 2013 revenue

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 2 Aug 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

I recall the days pre-console when content updates and patches were free downloads to us PC users - they were simply content that was not ready at time of release and got made available via PC mags cover disk or post 2002 more commonly via download.

Now if we want it then we pay for the game and then we pay for the DLC, I choose to not buy DLC and if everyone did the same then maybe we'd see more free content made available (they may also not bother releasing any new content too I guess).

The middle ground would be if the price per DLC was less than half that it is today and the content worthy then people would not feel violated by making such purchases.

3. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Can't help but agree with this.
    Paying the full price of a game nowadays, then double that for all DLC for a lot of titles is just daylight robbery. But I guess if people keep paying for it, then the publishers will keep doing it.

Unfortunately we live in an age where too many people (see videogamers) have too much money and not enough sense.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

A gaming company that makes a profit what's this unheard of thing.

As for dlc that's a whole other topic and not that relivent to the games I have brought of them( Starcraft 2 + expansion and wow and expansions niether game has any dlc, wow has some vanity pets and mounts)

Don't even know what skylanders is never heard it before now.

5. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

I usually just buy DLC in the steam sale for peanuts. DLC on release is usually for the die hard fans who can't wait, which is fair enough but then you have to expect to pay a premium.

I don't really mind DLC, its a way if making sure the base game stays sub £40 and then if you like it you reward the dev for the DLC.

6. Fracture

Fracture What's a Dremel?

The beautify of gaming these days is simply the variety of titles being produced. This means that there are more games being released than I can keep up with, which results in a long roster of games that I am yet to play. In recent years, there have been fewer than 5 titles I have purchased at release for full retail. Every other game I own (including DLC) has been purchased during sales events, or over a year since the game was released.
    If you are not a fan of the premium for games on release, including DLC, then simply bide your time and wait for the price to drop to a price you are willing to pay...

7. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

You know, sometimes I harbor resentment towards DLCs. And then I realize how much time it takes to make a game. And then I realize why it became a thing. It's really that ridiculous.

Tags: Add Tags