1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia confirms, then denies, incoming GTA V PC port

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 14 Aug 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

There's a chance he was talking about a shield port (unlikely). I reckon Rockstar have no time scale so want to deny it totally (á la Valve)

3. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

History would dictate that a PC port before the end of the year is implausible too - so I'm inclined to believe the backtrack.

4. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I had vice city on pc and it was very awkward to play in comparison to the ps2 version. I wouldnt bother again.

5. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Things have moved on a bit since then. A PC and an xbox controller is the way to play GTA IV and I imagine the newest title won't be any different.

6. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

But didn't GTA IV on PC have terrible optimization issues?

7. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Not really, the game scaled much beyond what most systems could handle at the time and didn't have the best presets. These days people run gta 4 with high realism mods which can give the game almost a photo realistic look at times and are able to play fine.

8. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Lol, saying something like this is a 'mistake' in the internet age is like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube.

9. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I suppose given that the next gen consoles are x86 based the PC port could be being developed in tandem with an early next gen console port.

10. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

I tend to play games like this with a controller on my lap for vehicles and maybe general running around while using the K&M for when **** gets real. Any game that wasn't shat out by the publisher flips controls (with correct button prompts) on the fly.

Also I feel people tried to play GTA4 maxed out on their shitty computers and got annoyed when it didn't run well. I had a Q6600 and a 260GTX I think and I never had any of the performance problems I have heard about. Then again I didn't try and make my 512MB card run at settings that told you "THIS USES A GIG OF RAM"

11. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Word - back when I got VC on PC, after SA killed my PS2, I couldn't play it with a keyboard and mouse to save my life. I picked up a Logitech Dual Shock clone and it was fine. I would have preferred the same for GTA IV, but alas, it was not to be. So I dropped $40 on a 360 controller and got used to it.

It might just be me, but GTA must[/i[ be played with a controller - I think I'll know the PS-style layout for GTA until the day I die. Then again, I've played VC and SA more times than I can count...whereas I played GTA IV once and uninstalled it the next day.

Tentatively looking forward to V - I hope they take a bit of a lesson from the older games and make it fun again.