1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA gets the Humble Bundle treatment

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 15 Aug 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Already paid and downloaded. And good on EA!

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

At least they are trying to repair their image it seems... On other side, i am curious why are they giving Dead Space 1 & 3, but not 2 :D.

4. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Picked it up late last night, and most of the games have steam codes as well as origin codes. I added up what the current prices are on steam and origin earlier and it came to €225 give or take a few pennies, so it's a good deal.

5. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

I am curious about this too. Sales tactic perhaps?

6. Tris

Tris What's a Dremel?

It's a good bundle, though I'm not mega chuffed to be installing Origin again. Still, Dead Space 3 as a pay-what-you-want is good enough to make me risk it. :p

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Neither am I, but just earlier this week I was thinking about buying BF3, so I'm going for it as soon as I get home :)

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Which of these titles come with Steam codes, and which are Origin only? Apologies if this info is on the Humble Bundle site, but I can't access it via work in order to check :(

9. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Knowing my luck this image will be blocked for you.

[​IMG]

10. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

BF3= Origin
    Sims 3 starter= Origin
    Mirrors Edge= Origin or Steam
    MOH = Origin or Steam
    Dead Space 3 = Origin
    Crysis 2 = Origin or Steam
    Burnout Paradise = Origin or Steam
    Dead Space = Origin or Steam

11. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Ninja'd !

12. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Didn't EA say a few months ago something along the lines of "We will never do large discounts or flash sales because we believe it devalues the brand"

13. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

And then they looked at their sales figures and compared them to Steam....

I've gone for this Humble Bundle. Mind you what am I saying? I go for all of them pretty much.

What's odd is that the day before this went live I had started a playthrough of Mirror's Edge (and its DRM and Securom) and wished I had it in Steam lol.

Although most of these are not new they are sterling titles. BOP is another great one :)

Shame Origin has died on its ass really. I bet it's not used to having more than two people log in at once.

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Cheers Crazyjoe and Dave Lister - that image was indeed blocked, so thanks to you both for your help :)

15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I got this bundle, and got all the codes for Origin.

It did take a few minutes to redeem each code, that I have redeemed though since the servers were busy.

If a game is on Origin and Steam I will buy it on Origin since I really do not like Steam.

16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Damien, what do you prefer about Origin in comparison to Steam, and what don't you like about Steam?

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I like that when I open Origin it connects to the net, instead of loading with no connection and having to close it and open it again.

Origin also doesn't kick me out of games, when it drops the connection to the servers every couple of minutes like Steam.

The only thing I like about Steam is the Back up & Restore feature.

18. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

It's just a shame that Burnout Paradise, undeniably one of the most entertaining "Racing" games ever, had it's MP servers axed recently, so Multiplayer in that carnage is no longer possible. I love how they still sell it, though.

19. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Kind of pathetic how Origen is so unpopular that it can't even handle a humble bundle, especially considering most people will likely choose the Steam option where available.

Either way, I'm not interested in this bundle. I already own Mirror's Edge, I didn't care for Crysis 1 that much (it looked nice but wasn't that fun), Burnout Paradise was just a terrible game overall IMO, and Sims 3 is more of a time waster than something I would go out of my way to play.

Dead space (the first one) is the only game I'm a little interested in, and that's because it's the only game old enough to not be completely corrupt by EA. While I heard BF3 is pretty good, I personally hated the previous ones.

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Bit like when the Steam servers fall over when around 18,000 people try to download a DLC for Black Op's 2.

I really don't understand why people hate Origin so much considering it's virtually the same thing as Steam, but in my experience it works better compared to Steam.

Tags: Add Tags