1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Splinter Cell: Blacklist Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 3 Sep 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

2 game reviews in a very short time (one being 3 pages)... bit-tech.. is everything ok?

also: "Fifth Freedom that means he can torture, brutalise and kill pretty much anyone he wants without repercussions, because America." hahahahaha great line and even better ending off! so true!

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Sep 2013
  3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Awesomely written review, made me lol a bunch of times as well as let me know the games worth a purchase. :D:clap:

Sam Fisher, rage head extraordinaire. :lol:

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea! Don't see 4th Echelon getting the Syria treatment do you?

Sam is too serious and bitter now. Where is the cutting cynicism and irony? The opening paragraph nailed it. Now he's all like "YOU'RE OFF THE TEAM" and Grim is like "YOU TAKE TOO MANY RISKS" then Sam does a grumpy look to camera before you click Launch Mission.

Someone also tell me what the point of the 'kill or save' is? Seems like a moral choice for no actual outcome. I mean, I'd always pop a cap in the head of the guy I just knocked out anyway (get more points that way) so it's not as if one more mattered.

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Sep 2013
  5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds like it might be worth picking up, after the debacle of Conviction. Double Agent wasn't too bad (if the bugs didn't ruin it, of course). I've got to do a run through CT some time soon though, such an epic game!

Very well-written and amusing review - very bit-tech!

6. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Chaos theory was f*cking epic! I tried to get into the ones afterwards but they just didnt keep me hooked and I had many a problem with double agent!

Good review, might have to pick this up!

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm downloading it now, best part of 20GB!

8. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Given the preview published a while back I was not expecting a positive review. Would be interested to get a bit of explanation on the turnaround.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

My initial experience is that it's one hell of a shoddy port. I've had CTD's, issues with using a xbox controller and then using the keyboard to scroll through menus and it doesn't recognise my resolution correctly which, granted isn't a common one, but pretty much every recent game works out of the box.

Not impressed with it so far.

10. RickLane

RickLane Staff Lover of bit-tech

The preview focussed on segments of the game made available by Ubisoft at the time, most of which was single-player campaign revolving around story (and punching dogs, apparently.) The single-player story is total, jingoistic nonsense, but the actual game plays very nicely, and offers a lot of varied content, in both single and multiplayer.

11. Dessum

Dessum What's a Dremel?

A very well written review! You summed up the new Sam perfectly. Kobin has also extensively changed his tune; fortunately they kept the same actor but he seems much too pathetic and likable compared to the nasty, callous and selfish version of himself in Conviction. I changed the controls to match Conviction as much as possible, which makes for a much more comfortable switch that just introduces more options (it's a shame that the game assumes that when you set Walk/Run to toggle it assumes you want to otherwise always be running, especially in a "stealth" game).

It's also worth mentioning how cheap everything is - it's all too easy to acquire new gadgets and upgrades which makes them virtually valueless. There's still a couple of irritating bugs and glitches which Ubisoft will hopefully continue to patch (though I'm not holding my breath!).

I miss the raw, one-shot camera movement from Conviction but the new movie-like style of presentation still works. Needles to say, the game is far more Action-orientated and "'Murica!" frequently comes to mind. Nevertheless, it's fun all the same - as the review very agreeably makes out.

It's so you can do a run as 100% Ghost or Panther.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's it?? What absolute nonsense for an achievement.

Tags: Add Tags