1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox 360 will live for three more years

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 5 Sep 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Microsoft can't decide how long game devs will be making 360 games for though. As soon as the One has more market share, who'd carry on making 360 ports of their games?

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Well that makes things simple for them then. When the market for the One has stabilised and devs have moved on from the 360, they will phase the console out.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

The last big title by 3rd party devs will be this year for both consoles with gta5.

1st party titles will likely continue been developed for the foreseeable future.

5. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

there will probably be an xbox 360 emulator within 2 years. 3 is wishing for too much

6. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

ok massive exaggeration here(tho i would actually presume something will come up in 5 since there is a lot more movement on emulation stuff recently. i.e. dolphin pcsx2 and so on) but still i dont really see anyone buying an xbox from here on out. pretty much just going to collect dust in most households or be modded into a grill or something for no apparent reason.

7. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

It's the same with all the console releases, the previous generation get's left behind on new game releases. However, I think the PS2 was outselling the PS3 in the early days in Japan as the new game releases were very westernised for them.

8. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Even 5 years would be pushing it I reckon given the scale of the emulation involved. With how processors have been moving recently, it would be a very tall order to be able to emulate a 3.2GHz PowerPC Tricore processor any time soon.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

We would likely see a ps4 xbox one emulated before the ps3 or xbox 360 due to the they are coded.

10. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

ps3 emulator already is in the works last i checked. it's not exactly close, but it's on its way..... and the ps3 has the cell.... so the coding was done by the closest think to a tech satan.

11. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

Good news. Despite the relatively pointless comments above, the news seems to serve interests in many folk:

Those who just like the odd game to play regardless if its call of duty neverending number or just like to watch netflix , sky related recordings or to play a couple of simple indie type downloadable games.
    It also serves as a console to entertain the younger children ages 5-9 without them whining that its not the latest greatest gadget. And finally those who dont want blu-ray and are happy watching DVDs of home movies or movies they still have on DVD.

12. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

It's sad but Halo ___ - whichever number is only for the One - will mark the mass dumping-off point but I can live with 33 games per year up until 2016, whatever they are. My 360's only been there for Blinkbox and TV catchup more than for gaming for the past year.

As mentioned by LightningPete, it'll still be a perfectly adequate DVD player and also even music CDs if hooked into a decent speaker setup.

13. Robw449

Robw449 What's a Dremel?

It might live as a netflix player, but wont get much love as a games console past 12 months of One/PS4 being released.

Tags: Add Tags