1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA, DICE unveil Battlefield 4 Battlelog improvements

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 Sep 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. captain caveman

captain caveman life is pain

I and many others are not great fans of Ea, Dice as the Battlefield Bad Compamy servers have been down for $ days now with no real sign of a response or fix.

3. captain caveman

I and many others are not great fans of Ea, Dice as the Battlefield Bad Compamy servers have been down for 4 days now with no real sign of a response or fix. Really have to consider whether to invest my money in the franchise any further.

4. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I hate battlelog. Just give me a standard game exe I can open and play.

5. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I never really got the point in battle log, I actually load up origin and go offline to avoid it. And as captain caveman said about folks not liking EA, I would be firmly on that list.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

There's only one feature I'm interested in, the list of all the players I've knifed. It was in every Battlefield from 2 to Bad Company 2 and yet for some reason they removed it from 3. That stupid list of tags and 'last taken from' is not an acceptable replacement. I've got Appletinee's tags, or I did, as soon as gave another player with the same tags the terminal hug they were gone forever, what's the point of that?

7. captain caveman

its 5 days now of no response from EA regarding the down servers, certainly not the standard of customer service people expect today

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not buying unless Gaming Deluxe get the abiltiy to host servers.

I don't mind Battlelog in terms of what they are trying to do with it but I would much rather have a server browser in the game.

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Battle Log took a while to grow on me but after a while I grew to quite like it, so I'm glad it's getting a little bit more attention and is being developed to integrate with the game a bit more.
    The addition of being able to change load-outs on the fly outside of the game is a welcomed addition, so it the map view if it works efficiently without eating resources.

Though I'm unlikely to be playing the next Battlefield much due to my lack of time and current loss of interest.
    I suppose if they're now finally looking at implementing parts of Battle Log into the game client, in-game server browsing would be a real possibility through that as well.
    If they can make it display and communicate with other parts of Battle Log, there's really no reason why they couldn't implement that.

10. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/NuclearStar_UK/dogtags

this site tells you who you have taken dogtags from, and how many times.

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

What are you talking about? I've been playing all weekend.

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I think he's still referring to the bad company issue he mentioned in his previous post.

In all honesty I'd prefer battlelog to be built into the game instead of having to open a webpage, but between a choice of battlelog and the many issues me and my friends had with servers and the server list in BC2, i'd take battlelog any day of the week.

13. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

I quite like the idea of map integration and associated functionality by using a tablet, whilst in game. It sure would be useful if planning strikes or way-points, etc...

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Forgive me if I've missed something, but they've managed to redesign it into doing what previous Battlefield games had done... but as an overlay instead of being in game? In BF2 you could access your kits, squad and map with the press of a button, and access the "Command Center" with stats, rewards, friends list, server browser, et cetera just as easily.

But the tablet and smartphone stuff is cool, right? Now basic features can be outsourced to entirely different devices! Certainly a much more useful and effective gimmick feature than something such as, let's say... multi-monitor support? Only a crazy person would want to put things like a map or kit info on a second monitor.

15. captain caveman

you havent been playing bfbc2 all weekend , most of servers are down with failed to login soldier errors, google it

16. captain caveman

17. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

If it aint running on SteamOS, running in a SteamBox ...

... I aint buying.

18. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

It took a while to get used to battlelog but I honestly like it after 350hrs on BF3. It's nice not having to go in-game to review stats, kit, community updates, servers etc before I actually want to. It's quick and feature rich. Embrace the change.

Apophis54, Teelzebub and YEHBABY like this.
  19. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

Valve is good, but I think I would like to see first how this steamOS is supposedly going to work out, the only thing I can think of it being successful is if Valve actually written an SDK that can rival MS when it comes to software development.

20. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

Who knows what or what isn't marketing BS these days - but, Valve reckon to have managed to increase the performance of their own games by however many percentage points. There are a few articles out these on that. And during Gabe's latest reported interview during the Linux thingy he again says that they have pushed more performance from Linux than what they have with Win versions.

I will sit on the optimistic side of the fence on this one. The interesting point about the SteamOS is that it can stream your games from your Windows PC gaming machine located anywhere in your house, to the Linux SteamOS box/s. Which basically means that we no longer need to rely on closed and restricted consoles. We can upgrade to our hearts desires and enjoy those benefits immediately on the big screens without having to wait years and years for the next gens of consoles.