1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News DICE details Battlefield 4 beta fixes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 17 Oct 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Asouter

Asouter --------

I adore the battlefield games, but I'll be giving crash fest 4 a wide berth at launch

3. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

The last FPS game I purchased at launch was Crysis and I thought because it killed my frame rate that it was bugged to hell too. Turned out for that one it was just badly optimised rather than bugged and killed everyones performance :)

But since then, I don't think I've purchased any within a month of release, purely because of the bug situation, PC gamers seem to get the lions share of bugged game releases. I'd rather wait for post release hot fixes to be implemented thus ensuring a better gaming experience before I purchase.

It's worrying though that they are building this around systems where the majority will have multi (usually 4)core cpus and it's taken feedback from BETA to realise the issues at hand...I guess that's what pre-release BETA is for though......this game is one I am certain many people can't wait to get their hands on, so here's hoping they resolve these performance issues, thus making for a trouble free launch :)

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

It's one of those things you accept as a gamer. You want to be first in line? Don't expect a smooth ride!

5. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

tbh the only Issue I had was in the aracade (FPS stall/drop) and that was smoothed out after one of the patches. I'm confident that it'll be smooth.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

BF4 for most is just a follow on to BF3 we are not talking major revolution here like BF3 was.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'm not buying BF4 until after Christmas, I remember the first four months of BF3, I also remember the first four months of BF2142 and BF2 and BF Vietnam. I'm sure the game will run fine, it's all the other issues they'll be patching out now.

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I hope the key binding bugs gets fixed, I had 2 issues with it initially because I don't use WASD but use the arrow keys instead. I found that I was unable to bind the delete and insert keys above the arrow keys (which I use for primary/pistol weapons). The other bug was the one where the file that stored the key bindings would bloat up from around 70KB to over 35MB each time you changed any keybindings resulting in slow load times and a total lockup if you then tried to edit the key bindings.

But hey, that's what Beta testing is for!

Will be pre-ordering my copy next week!

9. Hutchy

Hutchy What's a Dremel?

I fixed the keybinding issue you were having by copying my BF3 keybindings part of the config file into the BF4 one, overwriting them.

The keybinds then worked perfectly in BF4, including the delete + insert key!

B1GBUD likes this.
  10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

That's worth noting, I wasn't sure if BF4 had additional bindings that weren't in the BF3 config file. I did however find a program that would delete the duplicate strings that caused the file to get bloated

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/BF4-PC-KEY-BINDING-PROBLEMS/td-p/1609781

If i'm still not able to bind delete and insert keys by the time the game is released I'll give your fix a try.

+Rep

11. AiA

AiA Minimodder

enjoyed the beta , especially near the end
    i can see that there a lot of things that need to be sorted, even just in the gameplay

probably will wait awhile before buying

didn't buy the premium for bf3, and think i was cannon fodder for awhile and now i think maybe it was limited (map variety as well) a little to much, but didn't cost me alot :) because i didn't buy it straight away

12. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

Am I the only one here who actually pre-purchased BF4?

13. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

Yes you are, ea sends their regards :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

14. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm interested in BF4 but I'm not sold 100% yet. I wasn't very happy with the whole battlepack situation, but we'll see how that turns out. They haven't really detailed those yet, which means one thing to me: they know people aren't gonna like it.

For those who don't know, there are tons of unlocks which are gated behind battlepacks. Battlepacks come in tiers and can only be acquired at certain rank milestones or buying them with real money. Even then, the attachments/camos that you get are 100% random.

That, and the level in the beta was a lot less fun -after- leveloution took place. Need to see how that turns out before I'm willing to commit my $60.