1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming F1 2013 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 17 Oct 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

As it's been deved for 360/PS3, there was little they could do to progress the game. The engine is already running at 30-fps on the consoles.

Hopefully next year will see a big improvement in graphics and authenticity. I'm sick of not being able to properly smash my F1 car into 1000 bits when I crash.

3. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Only 70%? That's a terrible score in terms of AAA games.

4. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

I've said this in other forums and I'll say it again.
    Their going for realism on tyre wear which is fair enough, but it's too much for a lot of peoples tastes, it needs an option to turn it off or down, you can turn crash damage off so why not tyre wear.
    Having said that, the Classic mde is brilliant.

5. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Hmmm, is it a bad thing that the Grand Prix mode sounds brilliant to me? (In what it says about me)

6. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

People who like Formula 1 should review this game. Any one who refers to F1 racing as "going around in circles" is lost in space.

Anyone who wants only 3 laps has no concept as to the chess game that is an F1 race.
    Another 3/10 review from the boys at BT.

Stop reviewing software or do it right!

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

When i get bored of "going around in circles" can i drive the opposite way around the track and cause some epic crashes :)

8. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

+100 !

9. Woodspoon

I disagree, you don't have to like F1 to appreciate or know a good racing game when you play it.
    I know almost nothing of rallycross, baja racing or hill climbing but I know Dirt 2 was a great game and it had all of those in it.
    I've been watching F1 since I went to my first GP in 86, been playing racing games since before then and in career mode something is just wrong, tyre wear mostly, F1 2012 got the balance right, this is just wrong somewhere, but not because I'm an F1 fan, it's because I'm a gamer and I know how a good well balanced game should feel.

10. exceededgoku

exceededgoku What's a Dremel?

Game's pretty fun to be fair, it also highlights how much more fun and nice to drive the old F1 cars were.

They definitely don't handle as well but they don't have such a small window where the car will completely rotate around itself, yes you can drift without losing control!

Turbo F1 cars can't come soon enough!

11. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

@Woodspoon

Are you arguing that its wrong for the game to be faithful to the season it represents?

12. Woodspoon

@Woodstock

No not at all, I'm saying that at the moment, to me and judging from the steam forums quite a few other people, it isn't faithful to the season it represents as the tyre wear (amongst other things) is too great, if an option to switch it off or decrease the wear rate had been included the game would be a whole lot more enjoyable for a lot more people.

Wouldnt it be nice to set up a race against a few friends without thinking about pit stops, just "who is fastest", sometimes it's nice just to switch the "realism" off and go for a quick blast.

I'm fully aware that this season is very much about tyre management, but the way it's dealt with in the game is pretty bad, the tyre cliff for example, in real life you can have 2 or 3 laps on old tyres going off, before you really really need to pit, game not even half a lap.
    Seems to me that in their hunt for realism they've taken it a step too far which wouldn't be a problem if there was a way to tone it down.
    Classic mode is awesome though, hopefully they'll bring out a full standalone version or a full season option.

13. lw_1183

lw_1183 What's a Dremel?

Oooh, a classic mode with not one, not two, not three but FOUR classic tracks to drive classic cars in! Amazing, clearly I must get this!

Oh wait actually now that I think about it, the likes of GP4 and rFactor have offered full season mods of classic F1 seasons at the amazing price of free. And the community is still churning out more mods. Think I'll just save myself 40 quid and play those instead ^_^

Tags: Add Tags