1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony PS4 MP3 and CD support being worked on

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 13 Nov 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Niftyrat

Niftyrat Dremel overpriced like EA games

A backtrack just like Microsoft did when they announced things people don't like. Microsoft got slated for PR gaffs, will Sony feel the same pain or will they get a free pass.

Buying either console at launch seems a risky prospect at this stage.

3. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Free pass. It has already been decided that the PS4 is the white knight. I don't expect people to start using logic any time soon.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Free pass from me, but then I work on hardware to tight schedules for entry into consumer products and know the score, it's launch firmware, it seems pretty clear that these machines firmwares aren't finished, like most complex hardware it's never finished, doesn't seem unreasonable that some features have to take a back seat to the core experience, out of the box the PS4 can't do bugger all, even after its first update it still lacks things that Sony pushed hard in the past like 3d Bluray playback for example, do you think that will be left out for ever?

5. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

Free pass from me too. These are minor features that can easily be added through firmware updates later on.

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I think not being able to play BR and DVD's out of the box is a bit of a gaff, but I can understand that there will be features that should be included but won't until their patched in - it's the cost of rushing to beat the XBOne to market (in the case of the US as I think the PS4 beats the XB-1 to the shops by a week, while here in the UK it comes out the week after the XB-1).

As for myself while I want both systems I think I'll put off getting either until they've been out a while and I can see what pitfalls arise.

In the meantime I finally bit the bullet and ordered a 32gb Wii U for £200 with Super Mario Wii U and the Luigi update, which should keep me busy over Christmas (there's also a few Wii games I wouldn't mind picking up if I can find them cheap enough).

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I always said that the lack of CD/MP3/DLNA was something that would be rectified, and hence wasn't worth cancelling a pre-order over. Sony obviously had to prioritise other software features to hit the November launch date, which is understandable with the competition they were facing.

I mean, the PS3 was a terrible media player at launch as well. Microsoft seem to have launched a decent media machine with the XBone, but a poor console, which is too far the other direction.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Free pass, compared to the epic storm of fail that was the Xbone unveiling event this is pretty minor. Sony still seem to be listening to the audience more with the PS4 than they did with the PS3, this is a pretty rapid about turn for something that a lot of users will probably never use, or use rarely.

9. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Because they need to sell their new console? They will just pull the same nonsense with their *updates*.

Tags: Add Tags