1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware TRENDnet TPL-407E2K 500Mbps Powerline Adaptor Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 6 Dec 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Syphadeus

Syphadeus What's a Dremel?

The Powerline marketing bumpf is nothing short of ridiculous. Surely consumer organisations should be clamping down on the ridiculous claims of these products on their packaging?

I've been using a pair of TP-Link 200Mbps units for a couple of years now and I get 140Mbps, but they also only have a 1/100 interface. When I explained this in my review for them on a well known online store people commented telling me I knew nothing. They're 200Mbps! I've got mine connected by Ethernet blah blah.

The general public - i.e. a herd of sheep with blank emotionless faces - hasn't got the first clue how to decipher the admittedly very misleading information about these things. Whilst mine work perfectly for what I want them to do which is to provide me my 30Mbps net connection to a PC several rooms away with low latency, they're just a universe away from the ridiculous manufacturer claims.

3. CozaMcCoza

CozaMcCoza What's a Dremel?

You have two "speed" scores at the end of the article.

4. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

I wonder if you had four on the same power ring, could you get 200 'total' e.g. 100Mbit between two pairs of computers on the network?

Tags: Add Tags