1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Best Games of 2013

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 31 Dec 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. defined

defined Botch-Job

You sure about that? :D

3. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Yeah, of course. ¬_¬

4. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

But pcgaming is dying... since 2007 i believe... :p

5. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

1. last of us.

Half Life 2 best game cause of Oculus Rift...m'kay, I vote for pong.

6. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

A contentious top game list, as always! :)

Personally I thought The Last Of Us an absolute bloody highlight and just WISH more than anything it was on PC too. Tomb Raider another highlight for me - really enjoyed it and thought it had a good character for Lara. The QTE were a bit annoying but nonetheless.

So the best PC game was Black Flag? I'm afraid I discount Half Life 2 as its not really the game that earns top spot but Oculus tech that does. That's really my only point against the top ten (apart from all those weird indie games popping up still that some people seem to like only because it makes them seem 'intelligent', quirky, or fashionable) - perhaps it would b better placed in a Tech Top Ten - I'm sure plenty of other games would be vying for the top spot if they were optimised for Oculus...

7. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

HL2 still one of the best FPS games in my view and with Oculus it will be reborn as will many other games. Being able to run terrified through a game with everything presented true to life scale suddenly makes everything worth playing again. Well not quite everything. I will give Bioshock Infant a miss even with oculus.

8. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

The story of the last of us would have made a great book or movie, it's these first class writers that we need in video games.

Basically oculus rift won best game of 2013 ?

9. davefelcher

davefelcher What's a Dremel?

Imagine Amnesia: The Dark Descent with an Oculus Rift. It would have to be sold with spare pants.

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

And multiple sets of fresh underwear...

11. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

The Stanley Parable...better than Battlefield 4?

I think not.

12. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Wow if these are the best games of 2013 the industry really went to **** then.

13. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

What gets me is that Oculus rift, if I am not mistaken, is not available via normal retail outlets, only as a dev kit. So this article is just one big hyping advert for a product most can't get yet and really has nothing to do with average Joe's perception of games in 2013. A big smelly crock of **** me thinks. I don't even remember seeing any articles about Rift earlier in the year (not that I check the Home page much, admittedly).

If this article is to serve any purpose for the reader it either needs a new title or just get re-written only dealing with games released in 2013.

14. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

I really enjoyed Tomb Raider but that was in-spite of itself. Every QT event or 'hold one direction while crazy **** happens' had me either frustrated as all hell or rolling my eyes into the back of my skull.
    However, as I started to ignore the stupid story with its total failure to re-image Lara as a real character and I pictured her as an ultimate killing machine, loving life, I found it super fun.

"She's trapped, get her" they say as Lara laughs and pulls out her bow to slaughter them without mercy barely breaking a sweat. Only dropping the bow to melee some fool that got too close in the most vicious way.
    She drinks the blood of her enemies and crushes them by the hundreds. She is Lara Croft.

Now thats a game! :)

(PS I like underworld, very underrated Tomb Raider game)

My several hours with the Oculus rift this year blew my ****ing socks off and whenever I buy the retail version I'm going to spend lots of time re-playing old classics that now support it. 2014 is going to be a year filled with old games and I can not wait!

Last edited: 31 Dec 2013
  15. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

Some good titles there which Bit Tech have justly given high ratings. However the #1 choice is a bit premature, isn't it? Oculus Rift is not yet available for purchase I believe. It sounds good, with promising reports and I am looking forward to trying it. But that's the future.

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I wouldn't quite say the industry when to ****, 2011 and 2012 had some strong games, but this certainly was a slow year.

I wonder if the new console release threw things off. More incentive to develop games for them, hopefully leading to a games-rich 2014 console-wise. On the PC front, making a PC exclusive other than an artsy indie game seems to be impossible.

17. demastes

demastes What's a Dremel?

dear god..... Amnesia is terrifying enough.... I really wanna try it =)

18. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Great list.

19. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Yup, I also think Doom 3 would be worth it. I only played so far the first time round before getting stuck and giving up on it.

I guess the Metro games would also be incredible.

20. rollo

rollo Modder

Dout id ever bother to replay games just because of rift. Needs new games to support it out of the box or its just a waste of time and money.

Physics has suffered due to lack of dev support for it, Mantle the big hope of AMD is already delayed. Will Oculus Rift really be the hope that everyone wants it to be.

Star Citizen is the biggest supported game that ive heard mensioned and its not out before 2015. HL 2 great as it is not sure id replay it having played it to death many times.

Last of us is basically the #1 game but this been a pc hardware site they wanted to show rift.

Take away the indie games theres not 1 pc exclusive on that list anymore, Thats a rather poor showing. Of all the exclusive games coming out theres really only PA / Star Citizen that id say are even worth a look at.

Thats what pc has lost over the years exclusive games.

Tags: Add Tags