1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Criterion Games co-founders leave to form new studio

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 6 Jan 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I thought Burnout Paradise was one of the worst racing games I've ever played (too easy, not enough variety, races were way too short, online was incredibly boring) but if they seriously are intending to move Burnout away from arcade racing, I think that will have officially killed the franchise. Though, the article never explicitly said Burnout was being affected.

Due to the staff overhaul, supervision by EA, and drastically changing the approach to their next game, I'm sure this new game will end up being a fossilized piece of crap - seems cool, until you realize what it REALLY is.

3. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I'm totally biased as I worked on Paradise but I rather liked it. I agree though it was too easy, anything outside of races themselves were mostly pretty poor and it badly needed crash junctions. They were the whole reason anyone ever played Burnout!

Hopefully they go on to bigger and better things.

4. rayson

rayson Damn sure it was legal

i rather liked it aswell however erything but the racing was quite poor. the racing itself i found good but too easy as you said

Tags: Add Tags