1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Amazon confirms Grand Theft Auto V PC port plans

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 Jan 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Charts, pointless, HL3 might be out first ;)

3. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Wasn't it on Amazon last year as well? Not sure it really means anything, although digits crossed etc etc.

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I think that if they ever actually release a PC version we should run a sweep to guess how big the first post release patch will be just to get the game to run, I'll put £5 on 6GB.

5. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

6. rollo

rollo Modder

If its half as broken as GTA4 was on launch they can forget it.

7. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"offering up a pre-order page for the title head of an official launch announcement."

Ahead?

8. Spuzzell

Spuzzell What's a Dremel?

I don't really care anymore, I've done GTA three times now (Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV), and frankly, I'm bored.

The Saints Row series is far more fun, and at some point there'll surely be a Just Cause 3.

9. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi What's a Dremel?

This. I can easily spend a few hours just messing around in SP without getting bored, GTA gets boring too quick.

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I think GTA has gone the way of the Gran Turismo series IMO. The last two or three have been too simialr to keep me as interested.

I enjoyed GTA4, but I'm sure I've not spent as much time on it as either 3, VC or SA on the PS2, I would spend days playing those. Maybe I was just more easily entertained back then, :D.
    I did enjoy playing 5, but I'm not sure I'll go back to it very soon, not sure I'll even bother getting it on the PC, until it's on sale on steam for £5, :D

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Back then, the GTA games were revolutionary in many ways. Saint's Row pretty much took what people liked about the GTA games (the sandbox nature of it) and exploited that. Then games like Just Cause 2 came out which took a completely different approach from SR, where that game was more focused on making missions fun and open enough to not care about doing whatever you want. The GTA series is like an assortment of cookie cutters - one might be fancier than the other, but once you bake the cookies, they all look like blobs anyway. I'd say the one major difference between GTA and other games is the continuously increasing production quality. The cutscenes are always very well done.

12. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

What do you mean? GTAIV is still as fudged as it ever was tbh. It's just now that people have stupid amounts of muscle to throw at the problem.

13. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I've been playing a bit of GTA V on the console thingy and I think it's quite a bit better than IV. It's not quite back to the craziness that was San Andreas, but they've toned down the 'serious realism' that made IV just a bit less fun.
    At the end of the day though, it's still GTA and if you enjoyed the older ones you'll like this.

Mind you, up for sale in France = 1, up for sale in Germany = 1
    1+1 = 2
    GTA _5_
    5-2 = 3

HALF LIFE THREE CONFIRMED

kenco_uk likes this.
  14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Cat amongst pigeons; I prefer GTA V to SR IV/III/II/I. PC version of GTA V? Colour me interested.

15. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I'm banking on it.

16. Xir

Xir Modder

Ah...so maybe next christamsses Steam-sale will become interesting

17. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Assuming it comes to the PC then it's quite probable that it will see light of day on the Xbone / PS4. From a potential sales standpoint it makes sense - especially given the current lack of titles on the "new" consoles.

I kind of hope that it comes out for the Xbone / PS4 as I lost my PS3 game save half way through the game (my 60GB launch PS3 died :(). I have tried picking it back up but I really can't stand the DS3 controller anymore thanks to the DS4.

A PC port would also be pretty cool from a modding point of view.

18. IT Troll

IT Troll What's a Dremel?

Headline: Amazon CONFIRMS Grand Theft Auto V PC port plans

Story: may yet be an overly-enthusiastic error on Amazon's part

19. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

All I know is that they will need to release GTA V before TESO if they want me to buy it any time in 2014. I have a distinct feeling that my life is about to be all-consumed by my upcoming Tamriel adventures.