1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wargaming reveals World of Tanks 2014 graphics

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 21 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Finally multicore support!!!!

Wow this actually looks really quite good.

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I think you mean 9.0 since we're still on 8.11.

Looks like I need to budget for a new graphics card this year :(

4. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Nice to see the devs doing something other than re skinning Type 59s. I hope this version of graphics is better optimised than the existing one.

5. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Indeed, looks like a typo.

Yup, the Sherman has been reskinned I think. Just got to grind my way through the glass skyscraper that is the M3 Lee. :wallbash:

6. Ljs

Ljs Modder

WoT is the only game I am enjoying at the moment so this is good news.

7. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Why does the Art Director has a power cord dangling from his neck? Or is it some audio connector for the pilot's cap he's wearing?

EDIT: Soviet Tank Helmet with headphones and throat mic.

8. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

WOT needs new engine. Maps are too small for tier 5 and up.

9. Cthippo

I heard somewhere that AMD cards are better for WoT due to better driver optimization. Or some such. Is this. True or just an urban legend?

10. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Urban legend. Also doesn't support still CF or SLI.

Tbh, the game was good back in 2011 and for the best part of 2012. However now is almost unplayable.

WT Ground Forces, is far superior to WoT.

11. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Have you played WT Ground Forces? I've heard good things but haven't gotten a beta invitation.

12. Cthippo

I played 40 games today alone and didn't find it the least bit unplayable. Your mileage of course may vary though...

I see the potential in WT - GF, but it's not there yet. Just as WoWP has been a flop in the shadow of WT, so I think Ground Forces will always be the thing that came after World of Tanks. So far I haven't seen anything in GF that I feel is a compelling reason to switch.

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

doesn't changing the main issue facing the game
    Massive lag spikes since the last patch that they cant seem to find the source of

HUGE IQ problems with most of the players playing added to that a HUGE bot infestation

massive racism and rampant trolls all across the server

HUGE issues surrounding the way the Matchmaker works

and the large power creep that's introduced to keep the noobs paying to get the OP tanks and pwn

blatant disregard of the huge issue of players getting fed up of playing with noobs, and selling their accounts... TO NOOBS meaning there is another clueless idiot in a teirX tank...causing other players to hate playing higher teirs...and the spiral continues down...

WOT is haemorrhaging higher end players. players who helped build this game into the giant that it is today, but Wargaming have got their money from you, so you are expendable...there are plenty more 12 year olds pocket money to acquire

14. Cthippo

So the main issue with the game is the people who play it?

I actually agree with you on that part, but unless you create the barriers of entry that something like EVE online has, that,s going to be the case in any multiplayer gaming experience. Every game, especially every f2p multi.player one is going to have plenty of trolls and griefers. People like that congregate online because people won't put up with their BS IRL.

Some of it is server specific, too. It sounds like things are worse on the EU servers than on the NA ones. I haven't seen the lag spike issue, but the arty aim one is annoying, though it's supposed to be fixed in 9.0.

I don't know what the answer is. How do you build a game that enough people are willing to pay to play to make it viable that isn't going to be full of the people who sit around all day and play video games?

15. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

there have been many attempts to sort out the problem, but each have their own side effects
    Tank companies are for 15 people and are manily done by top end gold spam clans, 7v7 is better as you don't need as many people, and they are generally easier

16. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

I've never been able to understand why people bitch about the matchmaking system the way they do and no-one I've asked has ever bothered to try and explain it at all. Want to give it a shot?

And what power creep? All the Lvl10 TD's got nerfed in 8.11.

17. DbD

DbD Minimodder

There's very few griefers, just that some people aren't very good at the game. It has to be said that most of those that complain about noobs on their teams actually have very bad stats and are just as bad as the people they are complaining about. Those that are any good funny enough continue to win despite the teams. Those who complain about noobs equally complain the good players are hackers, botters, cheats, etc.

In short some people aren't half as good as they think they should be and can't take loosing.

18. fodder

fodder Minimodder

I can't explain the intricacies of the MM, but certainly most of the people who loudly complain in chat just don't understand the basics. E.G. light tanks will be put in 3, 4 or 5+tiers up, generally you can be put into games with tiers two levels above in any tank.

What gets me though is how my win rate, and that of my friends I play with, has crashed since September last year (8.7 patch?). Even though I get 2nd class master tanker in most matches (putting me in the top 80% apparently) I struggle to keep my WR above 49% (and no, I am not one of the cappers who ignore the rest of the team).

Not all Tier X TDs got nerfed, mainly the 150mm cannons got 100 knocked off alpha damage. However the hugely underpowered WT E100 was pretty much left alone apart from a slight nerf to it's aim circle when moving, so that's ok. /sarcasm

The biggest problem is the use of bots IMHO. There are so many players with 5k ish battles in tier 8-10 tanks and shockingly low battle efficiency ratings. Mind you, I have been in many games where the static bots kill more than my team mates :(

19. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

13K games and I still play - 9.0 looks interesting

20. azazel1024

azazel1024 What's a Dremel?

You too, huh? I got up to the T29/T20 way back when and then took a child induced hiatus for over a year before I got back in to WoT, so I just started back up again a couple of months ago. The Lee is the bane of my existance. I've got my Sherm, but I am also going the heavy route. Still 4k away from a T1 (which is at least a little better than a lee...but not by much IMHO. The T29 is where its at, at least with the 90mm).

Tags: Add Tags