1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Computex 2014 - Day 1

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 4 Jun 2014.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Dude, the Steam Castle case is SO NOT steampunk.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Strangely, I rather like those Deepcool cases and I don't normally go in for such ostentatious styling....definitely agree the rubberised finish is superior.

I'd also like to know if those side vents and top fan covers are removable, should you want to bust out the Plasti-kote for a custom colour paint job.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I'd go more with dieselpunk if I had to pigeon hole them. Could look interesting with a polished / satin metal finish through.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That Deepcool chassis is hideous - were they expecting to appeal to 11 year olds?

6. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

I like the P380 Antec case.

7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Ha ha! I'd say funky rather than hideous ;) The Raijintek Metis looks gorgeous though, but not sure about airflow... Either way, looking forward to getting those two in the lab for testing :D

8. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

the Deepcool one is using the same oem internals as the Aerocool DS and the Xigmatek aquila i thought as much from the 1st glance the other day

9. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

The Metis looks very nice but as Combatus said its the lack or airflow but for small media pc hmmmm

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

None of the cases inspire me. They look hideously inelegant.

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

The Deepcool case would be a nightmare to clean, i wouldn't fancy having to use cotton buds to clean in all the nooks and crannies.

I love the look of the Raijintek Metis, it would look right at home in the living room, or alongside some AV equipment, under the TV. There AIO cooler also looks great, along with being able to change fluids and top it up.

12. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I am really interested in the direction Raijintek has taken with it's AIO. When thinking of water cooling (which is going to be what I use when I build a new system when high end Maxwell GPUs are launched) I have been caught between using an AIO and trying a full custom loop. I want the visuals of the custom loop but with the ease of an AIO, as such the Raijintek looks to tick all boxes. Maybe this will also force Corsair and others to do likewise. I know some have adapted current AIOs to use clear tubing and coloured coolant, but that is taking things in to your own hands and as an inexperienced water-cooler, it is more than I think is sensible for me to do.

13. vajoiner

vajoiner What's a Dremel?

on my personal keyboard rating system :) the aorus is the first keyboard to hit a speculative 9/10. so.. damn.. close.

+1 mechanical, +1 tenkeyless, +1 keeping numeric key functionality, +1 macros, +1 non overly aggressive styling, +1 optional wristpad, +1 headphone jack, +1 volume wheel, +1 of 2 backlit (+0 rgb and zones)
    a 11/10 for me would be wireless/wired (phone jack and backlighting issues i suppose)

the second (i just saw) to make 9/10 is the corsair vengeance k95. missing tenkeyless

Last edited: 4 Jun 2014
  14. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

This. I'm using a modded H60 (clear tubing and mayhems pastel orange, to match my current build) AIO, but it's a big issue if you want anything else.. Because nothing is compatible with a custom loop! (For the record, the "new" square H60 uses 6mm tubing, which is impossible to find barbs or tubing for it would seem! :duh:)

15. Combatus

I used 6/8mm tubing and compression fittings to mod an H60 a while back and added a bay reservoir

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/index.php/cPath/50/XTCsid/6aavpt7jmni99kk9eaov9bge91

16. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

@Combatus How did I not see that when I was looking for parts?! Ahh, it's labelled 8/6.. I was expecting a 6/8 like other sites I looked on! :duh: I dont get why they've labelled it as 8/6mm (6x1) though.. What's with the 6x1?

17. SchizoFrog

Maybe I'll hit the forum for advice/guide to modding a Corsair H100i with clear tubing, coloured coolant and possibly adding in a small res (res - mainly for aesthetics as I think res's look cool).

18. Combatus

Have no idea what the 6x1 bit is - maybe internal diameter and wall or something! Definitely works though!

19. SchizoFrog

I think 6x1mm is the screw thread count. 6 rotations x 1mm spacing.

20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

1mm is the standard pitch for an M6 thread

Tags: Add Tags