1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Former Microsoft employee jailed for Windows 8 leak

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Pistol Puppy, 16 Jun 2014.

1. Pistol Puppy

Pistol Puppy What's a Dremel?

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm surprised the case wasn't thrown out, given the methods they appear to have used to gather evidence.

Then again, this is the American legal system we're talking about.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I thought Microsoft only looked through his Hotmail account and Live messenger chat logs after being served a warrant by the FBI, although i maybe thinking of some other breach of privacy, there are so many now days it's hard to keep track of them all.

:eeek:

Next you will be saying they lock people up without trial, or intercept our private communications without good cause. ;)

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I sincerely hope so, because otherwise this news needs to get into a wider range of attention. Not so much for discouraging developers from leaking stuff but so people know that MS can quickly and easily look through your stuff without permission.

Makes me wonder why this guy felt leaking this was so important in the first place. He had to have known the consequences.

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I think they didn't part on the best of terms so he decided to throw a hissy fit, from what i read Microsoft didn't care much about the leaking of Windows 8, it was more the leaking of the Activation Server Software Development Kit.

6. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Tags: Add Tags