1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware MSI Z97S SLI Plus Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 23 Jul 2014.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Seems a solid board but is too close to better performing boards that offer more features. I think the price will drop by £10-£20 shortly.

On another note, any news on the ASUS VII Impact Mini-ITX review?

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Is there really a need for a board like this to have two PCI slots? Kill them with fire!

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I guess as it's slightly more budget-focussed they might be useful for people transplanting older sound cards, although tbh most have been PCI-E for a while. I certainly wouldn't miss them :)

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Not yet. We've got the standard Z97 Asus mini-ITX plus the Maximus VII Formula waiting in the wings though.

6. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Thanks... Guess I'll just have to keep waiting. Looking forward to those two ASUS reviews though, especially the Mini-ITX as it will be interesting to see what you do get for (expected) far less money.

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

TBF, the board is £100 so it's not strictly budget territory when you could pick up a non-overclocking board for half that (but granted it's a "budget" board relative to some of the high end Z97 stuff out there). I can understand maybe having a single PCI slot at a push for a legacy soundcard, but two seems totally unnecessary.

The sooner these abominations are purged from the face of the earth, the better :)

Tags: Add Tags