1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gearbox denies wrongdoing in Aliens suit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 1 Aug 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

"we only MADE the game awful, it's not our fault it was awful"

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Or we made game and Sega made it look better than it was.

4. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

Ah Sega, where are your in-home developers, like Smilebit, Sonic Team, AM2 and others. Those were some creative studios. Nowadays you just buy some franchise and let it burn down by choosing cheap development.
    And yes, Gearbox also screwed this one up.

5. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

To be this good takes AGES

6. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Where can you get these Alien suits from?

7. Syphadeus

Syphadeus What's a Dremel?

I don't understand how Gearbox can completely distance themselves from this. Yes, I'm sure Sega had a lot to do with how things went down. However, it was Randy Pitchford hyping the game up, saying that they were making something that was really great, that did the franchise the justice that fans wanted. So, what's his excuse? Was he paid to completely lie and mislead the gaming community about it?

It's always the same thing with those guys. Gearbox is a crap developer. Let's be honest. The fact that Borderlands is good is more luck that anything else. Duke Nukem Forever was rubbish and Pitchford hyped the butt off that too. I guess that wasn't their fault either, they just took the mantle off 3D Realms or whatever and thought they'd make a quick buck from leading the horses to water in buying it.

My feeling is that it's VERY much on Gearbox's shoulders, but naturally they don't want to be seen as the bad guys along with Sega, even though they are.

8. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

So what came of all this? Nothing? Gearbox will soldier on and so will Sega.
    Moral of the story: Vote with your wallets. No amount of legal battle will change any of this.

9. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Wait, what?
    The only games gearbox have botched are games they haven't created from the ground up.

Feel free to name any game that hasn't been a critical success from those guys.

10. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

This is the kind of cock up is exactly what stops me from pre-ordering any game. I'd have been horrified to have paid full price for this game, it wasn't even worth the three quid I paid for it from Asda'a bargin bin.

11. Panos

Panos Minimodder

If I do not have hands on, or previous experience with a game franchise or developer I never pre-order.

Thus, only 3 games were pre-ordered the last four years.
    Civ 5 and TW Rome 2, which even initially were pants, got improved either way overtime.

And TESO which I played on 5 beta weekends before release, pre-ordered it because of it, and haven't regretted it a single moment or penny over the last 4 months I play the game.