1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Notch to exit Mojang after $2.5bn Microsoft deal

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 17 Sep 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Carl Manneh and Jakob Porser are also leaving, so none of Minecraft's original developers (and also Mojang's three founders) will be present post buyout. The lightning would appear to have left the bottle.

3. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Jens has been lead dev and designed since 2011, but in truth I think at this point anyone with half a brain could run with Minecraft and continue to make a huge success of it.

I'm just not sure Microsoft has anyone with half a brain...

4. DbD

DbD Minimodder

The lightning just spent the last few years partying and not developing it properly - for several years now it's 3rd party mods that kept minecraft fresh. It will be better off in someone else's hands.

5. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Think of all the gem studded/precious metal hats and beard related accessories he can now buy with that M$ cash!

6. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Can't wait for the next hotfix for Microsoft Minecraft Pro 2015 Professional Miner Edition with Subscription ("Get the Most out of Your Mining with the Ultimate Mining Tool for Your Miner!").

7. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

just hope that Microsoft won't turn it into a window$ only game.

8. zimano

zimano What's a Dremel?

I dont think they will. Taking Skype on Linux for example, they dont update as often as the Windows side but it has no adverts and they've kept the user interface looking basic, just how I like it :) The Windows version is a monstrosity.

9. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

I can't believe that much money for a one hit wonder which was totally over hyped to begin with. And under developed.

Tags: Add Tags