1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Myst to return as TV series, tie-in game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 8 Oct 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

As a Myst/Cyan fan (just bought Riven on GOG as my original disc won't work on win7) I hope it works as we know all too well that the 'games to films' and 'films to games' scenario can be a disaster, Cyan have previously blocked the making of some films and TV series based on Myst, as they didn't consider them to be suitable, so presumably Cyan must consider this interactive TV series to be worthy.

I just hope this doesn't get in the way of the 'Obduction' game development that Cyan are working on because as a Kickstart pledger to Obduction, "I want my game and T-shirt". ;)

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I've never played Myst but I've heard good things about it, and I've heard that it was more of an interactive graphical story than a game. I think a TV series would be cool, and if they do a good job I wouldn't mind watching it.

4. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I could never work the damn thing out.

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I had Myst on the Saturn, loved it.

Can imagine the TV show being like Lost though

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I love the whole Myst series (number 3 being my favourite, very closely followed by Riven) and I have played them all, not too proud to admit that I need a LOT of help in some sections.

This could be interesting but I'm going to wait until I see how things turn out, games and films/tv have not had a good relationship thus far (ahem, Defiance...)