1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google, Mozilla to drop SSLv3 support

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 15 Oct 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Assassin8or

Assassin8or Minimodder

IE6 has TLS1.0 support, it's just not turned on by default.
    I was testing this this morning and noticed the option in IE6. On turning it on I was able to access a site which only allowed TLS sessions.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Shhh!!! What are you doing!? We need people to get rid of IE6, not find reasons why it's still ok to use it!

4. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

I had to use a computer at my local post office the other day and I couldn't believe they were using IE6 as their browser...

5. Assassin8or

Assassin8or Minimodder

Haha, it's definitely not okay, I'm just pointing out that the fallacy that's being propagated across the Internet that IE6 supports nothing higher than SSLv3. It does, just not by default, although there may be another caveat of SP3 being a requirement too.

The fallacy isn't just being propagated here, it's all over the Web that IE6 only supports up to SSLv3.

6. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

need sp3 to make it work at all as most secure websites fail to work (its ok you can still use IE4-5 on that POS terminal that is hooked to the internet