1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Wasteland 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 17 Oct 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Spelling mistake in the 5th paragraph:
    "Marlene who worse her hair in pigtails"

I agree quite a bit with this review, the game in general is really good and the narrative is fantastic throughout but the game is a complete nuisance with the encounters being a bit too frequent when you're trying to do something else.
    I'm hoping that they'll patch the game to tweak that a bit as it'll make the game much more enjoyable.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Sorted, thanks!

4. Spigsy

Spigsy What's a Dremel?

I'm loving this game, and have only taken a break to blast through Shadows of Mordor. I must admit, however that I restarted twice before I made a party I was happy with; the skill system is a rather obtuse.

I never played the original Wasteland but I believe it was a similar system to the original Bard's Tale, which I played to death. (Showing my age) It feels more like a successor to the Fallout series if Fallout 3 never happened, though the humour isn't anywhere near as dark nor the combat so visceral.

5. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"Figuring that waster is more immediately vital than food" --> water!

Nice review though. How does this compare to, say, Shadowrun Returns?

6. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

The simplistic combat is too big of a deal for me. I heard that even Jagged Alliance 2 is better and that game is ancient.

Tags: Add Tags