1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel names Nixie its Make It Wearable winner

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 4 Nov 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Albeit the idea is creative, but it really makes my head hurt to know selfies are so much of a thing that people managed to invent a way to take a selfie without your arm or a toilet being in the shot.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Why? 'Selfies' have been a thing for *centuries*. We even hang them in the National Gallery. Hell, back in the day those without artistic talent of their own would spend a fortune hiring others to do it for us, from paintings to tapestries and statuary. It's just more open to the general public these days, thanks to every mobile from a £50 POS upwards having a camera on it.

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I can see this drone having loads of uses. Everything from military applications to building surveys. Very cool and I would love one :)

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

New technology for making better prostheses and improving workplace ergonomics is all well and good, but being able to take better selfies obviously is much more important. :p

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Someone should invent a camera with a self timer that can be placed on a flat surface, allowing the operator time to move into frame.

They could call it the "shelfie".

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Boom-boom. Tissshh! :D

8. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I'm here all week. Try the fish. :)

9. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I think one of the best thing about the selfie craze is that we had the circus in town and they would give you a discount if you took a SELLFY with their advertisement.