1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Angry Birds dev cuts a studio and 110 staff

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 5 Dec 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well of course 'growth' forecasts were wrong. Angry birds is little more than a fad and to believe otherwise is madness. If I were in charge, I'd quit while I was ahead and laugh my arse off at the amount of money made, rather than carry on and probably lose everything.

In my humble opinion!

3. ArthurB

ArthurB What's a Dremel?

I stopped buying Angry Birds games when they started filling them with IAPs and ads.

If you could buy the game outright for a fixed price I doubt they would need to lay off as many staff.

4. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I'm fed up with free apps full of ads. I'd rather pay than having those disgraceful banners. But ave Joe wants everything for free now ....

5. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

I wonder if they will ever come up with an original idea. They stole Crush the Castle and then made a Kart game and started licensing movie franchises. What a pile of turds.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Thats because nothing but angry birds has seen them bring in big bucks.

7. DaveFoster

DaveFoster What's a Dremel?

Not sure why this simple game needs hundreds of employees, even with all the merch they push. It is fun to play though.