1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte X99M-Gaming 5 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 2 Jan 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Any word on if Gigabyte have fixed their EFI? I haven't used Haswell, but every gigabyte board I've tried/worked on has had a god-awful laggy EFI screen. I know they've tarted this one up, but is it more responsive than the older versions?

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hi Spreadie. This one seemed fine. Bit laggy getting in but once you're there and you've switched to classic mode it's all good.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Good to know, thanks mate.

Shame about the horrific price tag though. Mind you, even Asrock's X99 board isn't that far behind.

5. Kastagir

Kastagir What's a Dremel?

2 x PS/2 Ports on a 2015 motherboard aimed at gamers?.... Know.. Your.. Audience.

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Just make sure you buy it before Gigabyte nerf the hell out of it like they have been doing with their other MoBo's when the bring out new revisions.

7. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

You may want to change that. :p

Your images seem (to me) in the wrong order too. You're talking about stuff in images that are further up the page or non existent.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2015
  8. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Looks like a pretty nice board. It would be a better choice than evga since they didn't include m.2 at all...
    This board is so cheap it almost would make x99 affordable... if only ddr4 price would go back down.
    As far as Gigabyte uefi, I don't find it bad on my G1.Assasin.v2. Though, it newest version they removed that lame azz 3D bios thing so... it just goes straight to normal menu screen and is fairly snappy. Personally I do favor just simple screen with clear menu options. I don't need flashy graphic, mouse control, etc... Just need to enter to make setting change once in awhile not spend all day in there.

9. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Oh, on a note of the UEFI, I didn't find the latest one that I used, on a Z87X-OC a year and a half ago, *that* bad once you get into the normal menu screens. You can make it default to that screen too so you avoid the slow 3D malarkey that they put in.

The Z87X-OC however... well, that's a totally different story for another day. Atrociously bad in my experience of two.

Tags: Add Tags