1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield Hardline open beta launches next week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 30 Jan 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. jimbok11

jimbok11 What's a Dremel?

Sweet, looks fun!

3. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Unfortunately, there are still a ton of problems with BF4 and Battlelog which is going to put many loyal fans of the series off.

Splooging another fifty quid on a Battlefield game when (if you bought into all the DLC/Premium) you already forked out ~£100 a little over a year ago for something that is still not working properly - and knowing that Hardline is built ON the BF4 code and also runs on Battlelog is hardly filling people with confidence.

It does look fun - and the first Beta was a lot of fun - but I certainly won't be dropping the £50 (or £60!) they're asking for it on release!!

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Agreed, I loved BF3 (eventually), BF4 is getting there but Hardline is about to come and kill it in EA's eyes. After BF4's first year there's no chance I'm spending £100 on Hardline and whatever they call the season pass, so Hardline will be the first Battlefield game I'm not playing on release day, ever...

5. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I love the Battlefield series but I just cant get excited by this one; the theme just doesn't sit right with me.

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Ditto :(

7. rayson

rayson Damn sure it was legal

i'm glad i only spnt 30 quid for bf4 and premium. i never pay full for games anymore

8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I really do think EA are in for a big shock on this one, doesn't interest me at all and I have over 7000 hours invested in BF2,3,4 and BC2.

9. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

maybe if most of us don't buy it, the servers might just not crash on day 1.....

10. creative

creative 500rwhp

After bf4. ... I won't be touching this. Ea killed the series unfortunately and I'm tired of buying games that aren't finished, never finished, and support forgotten about down the line.

11. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

The thing that completely put me off Hardline was the first beta, not because of any bugs, but because it is clearly a reskin of BF4. I am not going to pay for something which I basically already paid for and then got premium after.
    They may have changed the interface now and made it look different to BF4, but we all know its BF4 at its core.
    I think they would have been better off giving a discount to BF4 owners, or even just carrying over BF4 premium to Hardline season pass, that might have tempted me to get Hardline, but at the current situation, no thanks.

12. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Exactly.

Remember with BF2, you had Euro Force and Armored Fury (£6 each) - DLC before DLC was even called DLC - but for £6 you were happy to fork out for extra maps and weapons. They also released the Special Forces expansion for £15 - it gave you a load of new countries/armies, never mind just maps - new weapons, grappling hooks, zip lines, night vision etc...

To me, this is what Hardline should be, an expansion to BF4., not a product in it's own right. Special Forces wouldn't have sold diddly by itself as a full priced game. Same goes for Hardline.

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Agreed. It should have been additional DLC. Even pricing it at £20 would be fair.

14. jimbok11

jimbok11 What's a Dremel?

Agreed...pricing was a major fail...although enough people bought it to mean they'll just price it all as high :/