1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News SpecialTech enters into voluntary liquidation

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 19 Feb 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

That's a real shame - I used them on and off for years. Sometimes they had things that bigger names (Aquatuning, Scan) just didn't provide; and their service was excellent every time I used them.

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Indeed, this is a real shame. Speacialtech were my favourite WC supplier, they always got the products to your door very quickly, plus they had a large selection of items, not to mention decent prices too. WCUK often had similar product inventories in regard to WC, but their site wasn't as nice to use and shipping would take ages, I would always have to give WCUK a whole week before anything would arrive, Specialtech only needed a day.

At least that's a proper and professional way to close a shop, I nice message that pops up the moment you visit the website. Unlike certain other vendors who leave people in a continued haze as to what the hell is going on. Best of luck to Stephen in any of his future endeavors.

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

They were also my favourite supplier. In 7 years I spent just under £3000 and although had a couple of minor problems they were always resolved quickly and without fuss. They often obtained parts for me that they didn't normally stock and had a massive inventory. Unlike some of their competitors they actually had warehouse rather than paper stock so you didn't have to wait a week for delivery while they ordered it from a supplier.

I'll miss them.

5. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

That is a major bummer
    Specialtech were my favorite shop, maybe not always the cheapest but had the best selection by far, the tech knowledge to back it all up and fantastic customer service, I always rated them above places like Scan.
    This is such a shame.

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I am very sad about this. Proper customer service, proper help, and good stock. A sad day indeed.

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I hadn't heard of them before this.

8. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Pretty gutted to hear this. They were one of my favourite suppliers.

Without them I wouldn't have had a rigid tubing cooled machine for well over a year. They always seemed to be the first to get new watercooling products out there.

I for one will miss them.

Last edited: 20 Feb 2015
  9. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

A real shame. My massive custom of about 2 orders in 3 years can't have helped but it was a proper company with great service.

10. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

sad, there customer service was brilliant.

11. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I must have bought £200 worth of fittings from them. They kept some quite nice WCing bits in stock that were hard to source within the UK. A real shame.

I hope the owner does well in his future exploits.

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Sucks, but ever since aquatuning expanded to the UK it was unavoidable that some smaller wc shops would go bust.

13. MarkVarley

MarkVarley Minimodder

wow, I just found out this morning, they were one of my two preferred suppliers for both business and personal builds, the other also a small(er) uk company, this was quite a surprise to me as well as a disappointment.

14. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I think that's part of the story but it's also the fact that the big guns such as Scan and OcUK now stock a lot of water-cooling gear - much more so than 5 years ago. The trouble is Specialtech was in a good position to be able to offer items from less well-known manufacturers and being able to focus on water-cooling so its range was incredible, especially with new stuff such as hard line acrylic tubing etc. For me that's what sucks the most.

15. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I imagine you're have to amend the Case Mod Index Competition as they was the principle prize donator, It's strange how the "big" guns like Scan never seem to donate prizes All ways a shame when the choices get smaller

16. Pvt_Ryan

Pvt_Ryan What's a Dremel?

Damn.. I just spent a small fortune on watercooling at christmas and SpecialTech was one of my suppliers. Exceptional customer service, I had intended on doing business with them again.

17. blackwatch

blackwatch Minimodder

I will really miss ST. Over the last 3 or 4 years since i got in to proper water cooling I must have bought 99% of my stuff from them. It was always spot on and I never had any issues....I hope an ppray that they somehow manage to make it back on to the scene ASAP