1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware USB 3.1 Preview Testing with Asus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 19 Feb 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

The USB3 ports on my current Asus P67 board are not great, they cut in and out (default to low speeds) all the time, my mates gigabyte UD3 board had same issues.

The tech is unreliable (perhaps better on new boards?), but also I expected by now all ports on boards would be USB3, devices should be good value and this is simply not the case.

So now we get 3.1 which will add more sockets to the board with more connectors, at a time when even mobile chargers for anything that's not an Apple device are standardised I find the whole thing unacceptably confusing.

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Mine do the same thing although I have an add-in card. One thing is for sure, I won't be bothered about 3.1 until Type-C comes along and even then I will only worry about it as my devices demand it... Which is likely to be many years from now.

Tags: Add Tags