1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GTAV launch marred by username bug

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 14 Apr 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

As much as I want this game, I will wait at least a few weeks for the dust to settle just to see how it runs.

3. spazmochad

spazmochad Minimodder

Runs well. My RAM is broken and I'm currently saddled with 4GB, everything is smooth and on very high @1080p (i5/7970)

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Same here. I've got a few games to play in the mean time, so I'll let all the eager beavers do the beta testing!

5. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

According to things I am readin over on Guru3D it seems to be running great although most people commenting so far seem to be running fairly new and high end GPUs and the lowest performer tested was the 260X so I guess anything lower than a 750Ti will struggle.

6. ovnr

ovnr What's a Dremel?

Runs well on my end as well (3930k @ 4.2GHz, 780 GTX @stock, 16GB RAM, most settings on Very High - haven't bothered to play with the setting yet), usually 60fps but does sometimes drop to 50ish.

No real bugs either. Some design flaws, but eh.

7. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I havn't had a single problem yet, from day 1 I was able to get online without any disconnects, play with my friends and generally felt like it was a good launch.

Regarding the bug, how many people really have special characters in their windows username?
    I suspect that this bug affects a very very small number of people. I have never encountered a windows machine with an unusual character in the username before.