1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte X99-Gaming 5P Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 22 Jun 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

You state in your conclusion that the board is mediocre yet give it an Approved award.
    Makes no sense.
    I doubt great audio on board would be one of the main buying decision points for anyone spending this amount of money on a motherboard.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

We said apart from the audio results it's mediocre, it's not mediocre in general - no board is perfect :) We have to consider users that would view the audio as important and may not be fussed by features such as overclocking/testing tools or on-board WiFi. In the same way, it's not as appealing or well-rounded as the Asus X99-Pro, for example, which scores better and gets a premium grade award, while costing the same.

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

These gaming 5 series motherboards enabled me to use onboard audio, as good as a good soundcard.

5. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Maybe I am being over pedantic here but... if 'apart from the audio' all aspects of the motherboard are mediocre, how is that not mediocre in general? To then give it an Approved Award is to approve mediocrity.

Anyway, I am thoroughly bored sick of these super-high end X99 motherboard reviews. It seems forever since we saw anything else. I understand that no other new motherboard chipsets (or several other aspects of a PC for that matter) have been released recently but there is so much more that could be reviewed or articles written, especially for a modding site. Many of these articles/reviews now read like generic advertisements with a few facts and figures thrown in.

Oh well, it is what it is... but it has been a LONG time since I felt I learned anything from an article/review here on Bit-Tech.

Tags: Add Tags